Hi bros. Was watching videos of reef tank from brothers in SG over at youtube. When i look at their tentacles of the corals, it sways nicely from left to right. Then i look at my corals and compared. Mine doesnt sway. Mine was literally being "blown" by a fan switch to its maximum speed.

So it got me thinking and my question is. How do we calculate how much wavemaker we need as well as the speed? I currently have 2 Jebao wavemakers. Sunsun JVP 101 and JVP 201, on top of my return pump of eheim 1262. Coz i really wanna get that "swaying effect" which makes the corals look extra beautiful.

I believe we need a wavemaker, one with a controller to create the waving motion. It has to accelerate the water forward, let it reflect and come back before sending out the next pulse.

Seniors correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that we want to achieve a standing wave in a tank. The wave crest is always at the same point.

• SRC Member

thanks for the feedback bro. got the wp25 and had trouble adjusting the flow as well as the placement coz it was too strong. ahahaha

Scale down using the controller?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am using the wp25 too for a 2ft x 1.5ft. I am using on W1S2, Love it. I'm running bare bottom though. Was shock at the amount of detritus build up i got after going barebottom. Waves did a good cleaning of my rocks.

I Love Stagsss