A very sad say today..

xiggie

And so it is ... Woke up today , looked into the tank ... Hmmmm something is missing ,,, where is my powder black tang ,searched high and low , he's nowhere to be found.. He's always the first one out swimming around wanting food , even takes food out of my hands ... Can't be dead coz of the ich... He's still swimming happily last night.

Searched summore and finally found him ... Hiding inside a carpet anemone , a place where he won't find a way out .. Farewell my good friend , u have been a great opponent for your yellow and blue extankmate ... You will be missed

post-1415-0-45384700-1402397903_thumb.jp

post-1415-0-13507700-1402397912_thumb.jp

Stairway to Heaven

• Moderators

Yes, carpet anemone is always a time bomb whether your fish is sick or healthy.

A very healthy carpet can just "suck" in any fish which venture into their zone.

In my old tank, i had a carpet which consume many of my wrasses until i did an experiment of pointing my tunze wave controller sensor led light at the carpet.

No more lost of wrasses from then on. It does help me as the fishes seem to be able to "see" the carpet after lights are off as the led is still on and shining at the carpet.

Hope this help others as well who want to keep carpet. :)

Tom

• 4 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Sorry for your loss Bro! :rip:

The carpet anemone is very very sticky, like a sticky pad for catching mice!!

they are fish eaters. that stickyness are the nematacysts firing into Fish or human Fingers fingers. you skin is to thick for them to go through, good for you.hopefully you will never have the luck of one firing into an open wound.that really hurts Trust me..lol :chair: these nematacysts deliver poison to the unlucky captured critter. so it can not swim off before being enveloped by the anemone...

Its Best to keep it in a Different system If You wish to keep fish..then again everybody loves fish..

cheers!

300Gallons of Pure Goodness! >Dimensions 6x2x2 (Foot)

1: Maxspect 160 Watt qty-2

2: Vortech MP 40 Wes

3:Jaebao WP40 qty-2

3: Skimz Becket Skimmer/ Ehiem 1260

4: Dymax XC 900 Calcium Reactor

5: American Pinpoint PH Controller

6: Iwaki MD 55 And MD 70 (Return)

7: Hydra Aquatics FR45 Reactor

8:Hailea 10HP Chiller

R2R forum->>>http://www.reef2reef.com/forums/photography-forum/154896-ashwins-reefing-photography.html

• SRC Member

Like what some other reefer mentioned, I would suggest you stop digging up outdated threads just to increase your post count.

Ohh Apologies didnt see this thread was dated back long ago..Anyways you never know maybe gstar was just looking thru..dont assume Please..

cheers!

• Like 2

300Gallons of Pure Goodness! >Dimensions 6x2x2 (Foot)

1: Maxspect 160 Watt qty-2

2: Vortech MP 40 Wes

3:Jaebao WP40 qty-2

3: Skimz Becket Skimmer/ Ehiem 1260

4: Dymax XC 900 Calcium Reactor

5: American Pinpoint PH Controller

6: Iwaki MD 55 And MD 70 (Return)

7: Hydra Aquatics FR45 Reactor

8:Hailea 10HP Chiller

R2R forum->>>http://www.reef2reef.com/forums/photography-forum/154896-ashwins-reefing-photography.html