How to catch huge worm?

joby553

733b95b485f3165f54a452a50c41f148.jpg

Have this huge worm in my tank for awhile. Been trying to catch it out for the longest time but it retracts too quickly (and I'm partially scared also haha).

Since my tank is still fishless at the moment was hoping I can catch it before I add in livestock.

Is the anyone out there able to give suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• SRC Member

Very hard to catch it. Most of the time the greater part of it would be hiding in the rock so if you were to use a lot of force... You'll get 2 halves of a worm lol only way I've managed to get one out was to take the entire rock out first.

• SRC Member

Bro, you want to try DIY fish trap? Small mineral water bottle, rubberband a filter bag with a cut hole to the mouth part of the bottle. Cut bottle into 1:3, invert small part into big part... hmm... a case of easier done than say...

Oh, can put some fish meat as bait...

子非鱼,焉知鱼之乐... (you are not the fish so you...)

Then: my 4FT low tech selling off tank... (2006)

Now: (2014)

@Sept 2014

I would suggest treating the whole tank again, if the worm spawns, you will have a whole litter of them. Another way is to stop all water flow in the tank. The lack of oxygen will force these buggers out. But the water will stink badly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My Wish List

- Black Ocellaris

- Royal Grammar

- Orchid Dottyback

- Rose Anemone

- Zoos (all kinds!)

- Purple People Eater

- Floridae Rics

He has corals inside. If no water flow won't it affect the corals as well?

ah, my apologies, I thought he has nothing when he mention before adding live stocks. In that case traps will be the best option.

Or you can try to catch it when it's out. I caught mine with a long tweezers. Just have to be careful not to sever the worm while pulling it. It takes a while. The fastest way I did was to take that particular rock out and dip fresh water. If you have sufficient rock remaining and coral stocking is low, I think the tank might be able to cope with die offs from just one rock.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My Wish List

- Black Ocellaris

- Royal Grammar

- Orchid Dottyback

- Rose Anemone

- Zoos (all kinds!)

- Purple People Eater

- Floridae Rics

But, I've seen it everywhere, won't know which rock is it in, and it will be all the way at the bottom meaning no matter what I'll have to remove everything.. Let's try with the trap first. Will update you all! Gonna get some gloves!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk