RoCket Marine

RocketBunny

• SRC Member

Love the set up from scaping to fishes and corals you have, very colorful tank you have there bro. Mind sharing yr filtration ?

No problem, Very simple actually!

Haha! Say hi if we happen to meet at AM. :) in there almost weekly. :)

Love ur Rockscape and coral placement. Looks like a fantastic reef to look out for.

Thanks for kind words. Yes! I meet hobbyists there and chat before. Maybe we might have talked? hahaha

maybe i should put it this way, your tank maker from AM?

i'm keen to see your sump too!

AM might have a few tank makers doing their tanks but i didnt ordered through them.

Next post!

• SRC Member

First and foremost, i have forgotten to update my filtration and sump set up. My bad about it.

I didnt realise until recent posts when you guys asked. Hahaha. i am just updating the pictures of the tank.

Here are the stuffs thats inside:

Right Side have wood and bio balls, theres is matrix carbon too

post-23880-0-88613400-1417030099_thumb.j

Skimmer and Biopellet Reactor in the same compartment. Also the outlet of Biopellet reactor directed to the intake of skimmer.

post-23880-0-53863600-1417030102_thumb.j

Middle compartment would be waiting for my Calcium reactor to be up, so its empty for the time being and CO2 cylinder lying around.

There is Purigen and Phosguard in small bags that i left in between too.

post-23880-0-65462600-1417030104_thumb.j

Last compartment would be the phosphate reactor and return pump.

Overall, a simple sump that runs the whole tank.

Will also update when the calcium reactor is up with the dosing pumps and auto up.

Bro, what's the filter sock in the middle of the sump for?

Very neat & tidy sump.

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

• SRC Member

Great Setup!!

300Gallons of Pure Goodness! >Dimensions 6x2x2 (Foot)

1: Maxspect 160 Watt qty-2

2: Vortech MP 40 Wes

3:Jaebao WP40 qty-2

3: Skimz Becket Skimmer/ Ehiem 1260

4: Dymax XC 900 Calcium Reactor

5: American Pinpoint PH Controller

6: Iwaki MD 55 And MD 70 (Return)

7: Hydra Aquatics FR45 Reactor

8:Hailea 10HP Chiller

R2R forum->>>http://www.reef2reef.com/forums/photography-forum/154896-ashwins-reefing-photography.html

• SRC Member

Bro, what's the filter sock in the middle of the sump for?

Very neat & tidy sump.

That filter sock is when i do my water change, i used a eheim J Pipe, hook on it and filter the new salt water in. As i leave my salt mix outside the house, i noticed even with lid cover on my big storage container, there are somehow dust in it and sometimes, an ant or two.

Hmmmm... Thankfully you have your family looking out for your tank... If you're gonna use the filter sock and travelling overseas for long periods of time, water may overflow out of your tank if filter sock gets choked...

Angel Keeper

Nope, not using the sock for that purpose. i use it to filter any bad stuffs from my salt mix.

That filter sock is when i do my water change, i used a eheim J Pipe, hook on it and filter the new salt water in. As i leave my salt mix outside the house, i noticed even with lid cover on my big storage container, there are somehow dust in it and sometimes, an ant or two. Nope, not using the sock for that purpose. i use it to filter any bad stuffs from my salt mix.
That's a gd idea of filtering new salt mixed water.

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Btw where u get ur j-piping?

• SRC Member

Wah your cabinet inside so striking colour ar. Nice leh

Haha, Yellow shows brighter in the cabinet with lights on. Can see more clearly!

Btw where u get ur j-piping?

Any LFS should sell this J piping. It was from my previous eheim canister filter.

Haha, Yellow shows brighter in the cabinet with lights on. Can see more clearly! Any LFS should sell this J piping. It was from my previous eheim canister filter.
Oic, my old one also from my old canister filter. Dunno if they juz sell this part separately?? Thanks anyway, bro.

• SRC Member

Looking good! very nice parameters too!

Thank you tofu man! You have a great tank there too. I didnt have much luck on getting big wild sps. Always cant find

Oic, my old one also from my old canister filter. Dunno if they juz sell this part separately?? Thanks anyway, bro.

They do sell separately, no need for eheim also can. As per the image below. OEM ones

Available at C328. OEM type.

342C341D-62F7-4889-99BA-649F692AE60E.jpg

Thanks for sharing the info!

Thank you tofu man! You have a great tank there too. I didnt have much luck on getting big wild sps. Always cant find They do sell separately, no need for eheim also can. As per the image below. OEM ones Thanks for sharing the info!
Oic, thanks for sharing where to get it.