EvolutionZ's Floating Reef

Evolutionz

• SRC Member

Hey fellas! its been a long time since i updated this thread. Mainly due to being busy serving the nation! for the past few months i did not touch the tank much and occasionally did not even do WC for up to 2 weeks. Now that i've more time, i decided to do a bigger WC (20%) and remove all the biomedia in my sump to wash!

my sump before cleaning

IMG_20151115_204509_zps1pbkyezh.jpg

got to work and boy, check out the amount of detritus trapped among the rocks/equipments

IMG_20151122_103203_zpsx5n77bj3.jpg

1 big pail and 1 small pail worth of live rocks. and small amount of marine pure blocks, biohome plus and sera siphorex mini. the main bulk of my biomedia is the 8kg worth of liverocks. The LRs had a huge growth of sponges! that connected all the small pieces together, a pity i had to break them so that i can remove them. 

IMG_20151122_103203_zpsx5n77bj3.jpg

After water changes and washing of biomedia done (using tank water of course!) Now you can see the wall's on my sump are pretty dirty and this is actually where i cultivate algae. i can all sorts of hair algae and cyano growing in this tank. but growth in main tank is very minimal. i guess the magic to a high nutrient tank is to know how to channel growth of algae to where you want it to be... My chaeto also grows extremely fast.

DSC09220_zps8toh3p7r.jpg

Now here's some pictures of the main tank

DSC09216_zps7gbvpzsh.jpg

DSC09225_zps3bbxbdsg.jpg

DSC09227_zpsqsijdxwu.jpg

DSC09229_zpsryfkqszs.jpg

DSC09229_zpsryfkqszs.jpg

DSC09231_zpsyfkvxond.jpg

DSC09241_zps3yton6ek.jpg

green wall of ultra lumi GSP!

DSC09246_zpscllzn8jg.jpg

FTS: 

DSC09214_zpsrab3scxl.jpg

thanks for viewing!

EvolutionZ's Floating Reef:

(Decommed) EvolutionZ's 4ft shallow Mixed Reef Build :

• SRC Member

Nice corals ! Can i know where you bought all your corals from?

Hi thanks! if you're talking about those LPS, mainly from Ah beng, iwarna or pinnacles

Does your cheato get sucked into your skimmer/reactor inlet?

it does but very seldom, mainly because my chaeto grows in clumps, usually very clean even when i harvest out.

• 2 months later...
  • SRC Member

ORD Loh!

1 more year ;(

Bro, can you pm me the price of your tank? And made by who? 

tank is about 1k. made by CRA

Omg bro u going to change tank again ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

no bro, just sell off all the lps and buy SPS lol

• 1 month later...
  • SRC Member

Hi guys! finally im updating my thread! its been sometime and im coming backing to SPS! sold away most of my LPS, still keeping some zoas, lps and anemones. but this tank's gonna be mainly SPS!

my new toy, when i first joined the marine scene, i got myself a maxspect razor. i was able to get awesome sps coloration with this but as time goes by, i got really sick of the shimmer! i wanted a pure T5 fixture. and a good want. so i got myself an ATI 6x39w non-dimm
IMG_20160310_222310_zps1c4tbplq.jpg

Upon opening, im glad i got myself a brand new set.. those reflectors are damn reflective!
IMG_20160310_223212_zpspababshe.jpg

Current combination is 3CP, 3BP..
20160313_141421_zpsao68rpio.jpg

So, due to having false ceiling for most part of my ceiling, had no choice but to drill the wall. special thanks to my dad who helped me do most of the work!
20160313_150903_zpsiow1lb76.jpg

lights on
20160313_151737_zpszlecpj0i.jpg

damn this fixture is bright! i could literally grow SPS on anywhere! im finding the 3 CP, 3 BP combo abit too blue. i on 4 tubes only for now (3CP, 1 BP) and i find this just nice! 
20160313_155911_zpslnbjaewp.jpg

Current FTS, i do have a couple of frags right now. running AIO and rowaphos  trying to bring down Po4 to suitable level before going for more colonies/frags.
DSC09477_zps5w14vqti.jpg

Thanks for viewing!

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Awesome light set ! I also have this light set too. Cant wait to use it too. You might consider adding this combination too 3CP 2BP 1PP (purple plus) 

hey bro Thanks! 

• SRC Member

Some updates!!! 

for the past 1-2 weeks have been working hard trying to bring down nutrients, meanwhile SPS are looking great! Except for a few of them having burnt tips (all were from a single owner though), my kh was stable.

Nutrients measured are:

kH: 7.3-7.6 (salifert)

ca: 380 (Salifert)

Mg: 1300 (Salifert)

po4: 0.12 (using Hanna ULR checker, down from 0.55 from 2 weeks ago)

K: 350( salifert) 

Nitrate: 5ppm (salifert)

I am running around 300ml of AIO bio pellets with the out put directed at the input of my Skimz SM121 skimmer.. also tuned to produce wet skim, i noticed after using AIO, my skimmate was much more dirtier, smellier and darker in color. 

Here's some pictures of my current SPS, pretty difficult to take top down shots after changing to T5..

This is supposed to be a blue luminous sps from a friend.. turned brown for now

20160327_150859_zpssieshghw.jpg

Bought when itwas still yellow, turning greenish probably due to my high nutrients

20160327_160237_zpsw7p55spp.jpg

Ice fire frag and pac man frag\

20160327_160159_zpslhsvzasr.jpg

Left badabing, right red stag

20160327_160104_zpsvb3flbyu.jpg

desert  millie?

20160327_160055_zpsluo1ym7u.jpg

red milie

20160327_160046_zpsyjrcxqcn.jpg

Watermelon millie, color holding well

20160327_160058_zpsm9v5hupq.jpg

red millie turned green

20160327_160150_zpscz7rfteu.jpg

SSC turned brown frag.. gaining back its green in my tank

20160327_160157_zpstgmgb3oe.jpg

Zoas corner, and a newly bought red-dragon look a like colony

DSC09520_zps2lachghw.jpg

FTS

DSC09531_zps3tuj8dbi.jpg

A good friend of mine came over to my place with his apogee meter and helped me measured my PAR levels in the tank. im really surprised im getting ~300 PAR on both side of the corner sandbed. middle rock scape area gets a good range of 450-800 PAR. the shaded area under my floating rock scape was getting 33 par. However, right now im only turning on 4 tubes (3CP, 1 BP) for 10 hours and all 6 tubes will only be on 2 hours a day. with only 4 tubes, an average drop of 200 PAR is observed. this shows how strong 2 blue plus tubes are..

My sump. currently dosing 3 parts, dosing Microbelift special blend bacteria and nothing else. 

20160327_151052_zpsfmmcahwo.jpg

Thanks for viewing!

• SRC Supporter

Definitely very healthy PAR levels. Tank is looking good!

Any thoughts of using an recirculating biopellet reactor? Or the FR30 is good enough?

Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/mysliceofnature/

The aquarium looks really amazing.

By the way, may I know if your rose bud tip anemone has ever devoured your fishes? My anemone grew so large that it killed my yellow tang followed by my purple tang in the span of a month. I saw both the fishes being swallowed. Now I fear for my other big fishes.

Aquarium 3 - 250 liters with sump and refugium

Jebao DC 6000 pump with speed controller

Skimz skimmer

AI Hydra 52 HD

Hailea HS-66A (1/4 hp) chiller

Maxspect Gyre

TLF Phosban reactors with Phosban

Tunze nano osmolator

Marine Magic Triplet Dosing

Aquarium 1 - 27 litres

Atman HF-0600 HOB filter

Maxspect Razor Nano 60W (10,000 K)

AOL 60 litres chiller

Tunze Nano Osmolator

• SRC Member

Definitely very healthy PAR levels. Tank is looking good!

Any thoughts of using an recirculating biopellet reactor? Or the FR30 is good enough?

Thanks man! im actually waiting for someone to sell the skimz RR cheap haha. though the FR30 is serving me well!

The aquarium looks really amazing.

By the way, may I know if your rose bud tip anemone has ever devoured your fishes? My anemone grew so large that it killed my yellow tang followed by my purple tang in the span of a month. I saw both the fishes being swallowed. Now I fear for my other big fishes.

Thanks man! My RBTA hasn't killed or eaten any fishes, the one on the right is the mother anemone, thats practically how big it gets.. my golden midas sleeps just beside it and has been sleeping beside for about a year.

• SRC Member
previous video was shot with only 3CP 1 BP on. here's one with all 6tubes on, remember to watch in 1080P 60FPS.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Iw5f1kXicHY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

• SRC Member
Nitrates finally at 0 but po4 is still high at 0.1.. started using Aquaparm Sorb4 ( highly recommanded by friends) to replaced my expired rowahpos. lets see how 50g (recommanded dosage) in a filter bag does in reducing po4!!

one thing for sure its much cleaner and bigger in size compared to rowaphos.
20160403_165648_zpsshxxepmx.jpg

some new stuff
20160403_232343_zps60rakyfd.jpg

20160403_232519_zpsurrcmbfu.jpg

20160403_232402_zpsmqisi8b7.jpg

my zoas garden
20160403_232545_zpsccvodz8g.jpg

i also started dosing AF Pro bio S and found great improvement in PE! great product.