looking for peppermint shrimp

• SRC Member
This is not peppermint...just to clarify for some ppl..

Ahh! I used to have one of these. Unfortunately it was attacked by my fire shrimp when it moulted. :(:(:(

But I still don't know its true name. My friends said they are tiger shrimps.

• SRC Member
i hv been trying to get them for ages....... can anyone tell me the price range.

btw, does a peppermint shrimp look like a camel shrimp without the hump on its back?

I have a couple of peppermints bought from ML. The price range is $10 - $14 depends on size.

• SRC Supporter
saw one piece of peppermint shrimp at eaquarist today...better check that out before it's gone. Bought one for myself last week... :D

You sure thats a Peppermint??? :o

• SRC Member

FuEl , described the other specie as "lysmatta kuekenthali" .... can't even find that species name given. The cleaners , peppermint and the one thats unidentified belong to the same genus. Write up says that people confuse themselves with the "camel shrimp" but we all know the difference to that though.

• SRC Member

If ,FuEl knows the scientific name then he must know about the habits and behaviour patterns of this species. Giving the scientific name won't help in the identification of this other particular species that is in the same genus as the lysmatta wurdermanni the peppermint shrimp. It would be helpful to follow up on his claim.... :D

• SRC Member
If ,FuEl knows the scientific name then he must know about the habits and behaviour patterns of this species. Giving the scientific name won't help in the identification of this other particular species that is in the same genus as the lysmatta wurdermanni the peppermint shrimp. It would be helpful to follow up on his claim.... :D

i believe that fuel did not get mixed up or anything like that. because that was the same scientific name eaquarist gave me too when i purchased the exact same shrimp from them about 2 weeks back. :D big big difference between horizontal & vertical stripes, do you not think? :ooh:

• SRC Member

i believe that fuel did not get mixed up or anything like that. because that was the same scientific name eaquarist gave me too when i purchased the exact same shrimp from them about 2 weeks back. :D big big difference between horizontal & vertical stripes, do you not think? :ooh:

I suggest one doesn't blurt out the scientific name without some facts behind and knowing what one is talking about with some substantial information to the claim....need I say more what you just explained.... :lol: we don't need another repeating the same... :D If I say black is white would you believe me?... :erm:

• SRC Member

I suggest one doesn't blurt out the scientific name without some facts behind and knowing what one is talking about with some substantial information to the claim....need I say more what you just explained.... :lol: we don't need another repeating the same... :D If I say black is white would you believe me?... :erm:

one may blurt out the scientific name maybe because it was told to him or happend to see it somewhere. That doesn't mean one will go indepth of what that LS's charateristics is. :P

...And maybe one would only scan in the paragraphs to see whether its reef safe or agressive.

Why do we use "My 2 cents worth" when 1 cents are not legal tender in Singapore anymore? Shouldn't it be 5 cents worth?

"Its easier to blame the 'mantis' or crabs in the tank for missing & dead livestocks.."

http://arcanehacker.blogspot.com/

• SRC Member

well, obviously he has gotten more facts right than you did... :ph34r: at least he could tell the difference between what is peppermint & what is not. :whistle you mean to say that after so many reefers have pointed out to you that what you have bought is NOT a peppermint, you are still absorbed in a world of your own? :huh::sick:

• SRC Member

well, obviously he has gotten more facts right than you did... :ph34r: at least he could tell the difference between what is peppermint & what is not. :whistle you mean to say that after so many reefers have pointed out to you that what you have bought is NOT a peppermint, you are still absorbed in a world of your own? :huh::sick:

ha..ha...very funny....the only thing is I can't get a photo of my peppermint otherwise I would knock that nemo of yours silly!!! :lol: