Electrical supply shut off !

CookieCrunch

• SRC Supporter

My understanding is that 30min should not be a problem at all.

If you are paranoid & have the time a cheap option is to purchase a battery operated air pump from C328.

I've also read about people manually scooping water & pouring it back occasionally to create some flow.

Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/mysliceofnature/

Portable air pump. Run on battery. Work for me for two day.

Ps ammonia spike and fish die because the water doesn't go into sump

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing to worry about. My block just did the 30min shut down.

My fishes and corals were not affected by the 30min shut down. And only me affected by the shut down because I need to take the staircase to go up to 17th floor as I forgot about the shut down when I'm coming back home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• SRC Member

No problem for 30mins shut down. Sometime our water change or maintenance already take up more than that. My block just did a shut down recently, although they said 30mins but the actual duration is only 10mins.

Up coming project:

5' x 2.5' x 2.5' Mix Reef Tank

30mins is not a problem at all for livestocks... but make sure the work doesn't extend beyond that... I had a electric work that lasted 6hours! Good thing that they gave me a notice a couple if days before that. In this cases, do ask for a backup electric supply. Call the project manager if u have to, usually they have their Hp number on the flyer. Tell them your fishs worth thousands and are they gonna be responsible is anything happens?? What they can do is connect extention plugs from their generators groundfloor all the way up to ur unit... 6hours without chiller and flow on a hot day is no joke.

Buy fish that excite YOU, and respect others' passions.

Yes, we know, there's a cheaper and prettier fish than the one were talking about. - John Coppolino