• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• SRC Member

Yes Bro, 1264.

I still only trust eheim :groupwavereversed:

Steady bro..thks

By comparing a few setup for FOWLR, the turnover must not b too great..eheim1264 is 4500LPH only n u have a successful 18 month tank thus far..I m gg to lower my turnover which is 15000LPH now n try.:)

@ 291213

Updated video: Kenyee FOWLR

http://m.youtube.com/my_videos

Nice collection of fish. Maybe you want to consider having lesser rock and more swimming space for the fish in future? Just a suggestion. .

Hi bro. Thanks for the suggestion. I used to have very very little rocks. But with the lesser rocks, fishes tend to show more aggression. I'm trying to get them to be used to each other before removing more. My list of fish still not complete, so yes, I'll make plenty of room in time to come:)

• SRC Supporter

Hi bro. Thanks for the suggestion. I used to have very very little rocks. But with the lesser rocks, fishes tend to show more aggression. I'm trying to get them to be used to each other before removing more. My list of fish still not complete, so yes, I'll make plenty of room in time to come:)

I see.. that's good

Nice collection of fishes.

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

• SRC Member

Wow bro..ur fish list still got what fish? :)

Think upsize tank better..heez

@ 291213

One oversized skimmer is good enough.

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

• SRC Member

I remember reading somewhere, there's a limit to how much can skimz..I oso think that one oversize skimmer will suffice..one more skimmer add heat n consume more electricity n take up space..

@ 291213

• SRC Member

I remember reading somewhere, there's a limit to how much can skimz..I oso think that one oversize skimmer will suffice..one more skimmer add heat n consume more electricity n take up space..

this article explains it. basically about 20% of total DOC in ur tank.

thanks for all the compliments :thumbsup:

Thinking if i should place another skimmer (deltec 1455) beside my skimz.

Any advice ?

and this article could be helpful for u :

http://tunzeusa.com/two-protein-skimmers-in-one-system-not-if-you-can-avoid-it/

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes

Too many people spend money they haven't earned to buy things they don't want to impress people they don't like.

If you want to improve your current filtration, maybe you can consider adding ozone to the skimmer. Thid will increase ORP and clarity of the water will be beneficial.

Hi bro. Thanks for the suggestion. Whats ozone.

Haven't hear this before

It is commonly use in fish farm to sterlize the water , similar effect as using a UV but does not kick ich. Maybe you can search around for some info

Hi bro,

What is the pro and con of both UV and ozone?

post-1182-049500100201281969137_thumb.gi

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Goethe

• SRC Member

Hi,

What is the ORP range recommended?

Thanks.

theres no ballpark figure. I believed its 360-380 range. I observed onces your tank matured or stabilized it should maintained within these range. I noed if i have a dead livestock my orp reading would reflect sharp drop like 200+. These raises a red flag for me and get me to investigate the root cause.