WTS - Brand New AI Hydra 52 x 2 (No warranty)

woyeng**

• SRC Member

2 Sets of brand new (unopened still in the box local units) white AI Hydra 52 on sale but without warranty. SGD500 each (price firm).

I have just received AI's response regarding the matter in my previous thread. According to them, the 1st generation AI Hydra parts had a lot of problems which they say were due to the LED manufacturers. They also said that all these issues have been resolved at the Hydra 26, Hydra 52, Hydra Prime generation. Since the resolution for my original units was based on a trade-in arrangement with Reef Depot Singapore, AI does not have a policy to extend the warranty beyond the original owner (who is me). Hence the new owner taking over will be taking over brand new Hydra 52 with no warranty. However AI has assured me that the Hydra 52s are good and do not have the history of failings as their predecessor. I have no longer the need to use the Hydra 52s as this entire experience has left a very bad taste in my mouth but I take this matter as closed.

Interested parties pls pm me to deal.

• SRC Member

I am speechless... Sorry for your misplaced trust. From what I learnt from your case in point, I would rather buy direct from the original official site (with global warranty) than buying from local distributor next time... at least if gotten a lemon set, I can still reason it out with the official site... save me time and save me money too.

子非鱼,焉知鱼之乐... (you are not the fish so you...)

Then: my 4FT low tech selling off tank... (2006)

Now: (2014)

@Sept 2014

• SRC Member

Thanks bro. You are very wise indeed.... I m also stunned like a vegetable....but what to do....

Ya, good to invite AI and RD also... Me got 4 units...

Tank : 4 X 2 X 2 with low iron front panel and external overflow

Skimmer : BK SM200 with waste collector

Return Pumps : Red Dragon 6m3 and Ehiem 1262

FR : 2 X Deltec 509 & powered by AB2000

Nitrate Filter : Deltec NF 509 and tee off from AB2000

Calcium R'tor : Deltec PF 501 with RM secondary chamber

Kalkwasser R'tor : Deltec KM500

Chiller : Pansonic 1 HP Compressor with 20m titanium Coil

Wave Makers : 4 X Tunze 6055 with 7096 & Vortec MP40w

Controller : GHL Profilux

Lighting : ATI Powermodule 10 or 8 tubes

Water Top-up : Water Top-Up tank powered by Tunze Osmolator

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Ozonizer : Sander C50

UV : Corallife 6x

Algae Scrubbler

• SRC Member

This is my buy / sell thread...will post issue for discussion in a different thread. Will inform u guys. Thank you.

• SRC Member

Pls note that the feedback i received from AI HQ is that warranty is non transferrable which means to say that this does not just apply to these 2 products but anybody who has sold their AI product within warranty period.....

David,

You sure AI after knowing their 1st generation AI Hydra parts had a lot of problems which they claim were due to the LED manufacturers' fault do not offer recall all units sold and replace or repair the so call faulty sets at their own cost.

If this is true then AI is very not responsible for their units sold and it also show AI do not have a quality audit program to ensure they are selling good quality product to their customer.

With the price pay for each AI unit (no cheap in my opinion) consumer expect better service and responsible from AI.

I believe even cheaper unit from China offer one to one exchange with free shipping and apologies

6.5 * 2 * 2 + 3.75 * 1.5 *1.5,(Decomn on 14/9/08)
4*2*2 + 2.5*1.25*1.25 (Decomn on 1/8/09)
5*2*2 (Fully LED light system, 140 3 watt SSC leds with 60 degree lens)(Decomm)
2.5*2*2(Fully LED Light System,96 3 watt SSC leds with 60 degree lens)(Decomm)

5*2.5*2(LED only)

Eheim return 1 * pump

1 HP Daikin compressor with cooling coil
2 Jebao OW40, 1 ecotech MP40,
1X6085 Tunze wm,

1 CURVE 7 Skimmer

1 DIY 80 led control by Bluefish mini 

1 radion XR30W G2, 2 Radion XR15G3

Sump area lite by 5 ft T5 , 6 * SSC 3 watt red LED for refugium

1 Full spectrum E27 led light

1 CR control by bubble count

Start No Water Change since 1st Dec 2016

Add new 2.5x2x 1.5 ft 

nLekOfpYts.jpg
[/quote]

• SRC Member

Sherman, thank you for your points. I fully agree with you. Will hv to take to a new forum for discussion and sharing though because there are plenty of other issues....

Pls note that the feedback i received from AI HQ is that warranty is non transferrable which means to say that this does not just apply to these 2 products but anybody who has sold their AI product within warranty period.....

David you mean if I buy any AI light sets (Not only these 2) although the set is still within the warranty period there is no more warranty.(Warranty not transferrable)

If that is the case I do not think I will pay $500 for second hand set.

Maybe the most is $100

5*2.5*2(LED only)

Eheim return 1 * pump

1X6085 Tunze wm,

1 CURVE 7 Skimmer

Add new 2.5x2x 1.5 ft 

nLekOfpYts.jpg
[/quote]

• SRC Member

Sherman, sad to say that is their policy which in my opinion is silly. Warranty should be voided only if buyers decide to try to pry open the product to make theor own modifications.

This policy serves to show how they treat customers. They seem to want to get rid of support as soon as they can....

Then again u may wish to hv somebody from reef depot respond to this matter ...they may hv ways around such things....for example, the item may hv changed hands many times over warranty but Reef depot only looks at record not buyer.... Wait a minute....if this is the case then doesn't this smack of a serious case of customer prejudice and discrimination ?

Like i mentioned earlier, lots of issues to discuss so this may not be the right forum for it.... I will start the clarification and examination process soon regarding the statement made by Reef Depot regarding my 2 brand new hydra 52. Stay tuned.... Get your friends to tune in too, especially those who wish to venture into this happy reefing hobby...they need to be made aware.

• Like 1

• SRC Member

Let me get the consumer fate correct:

1) u buy a hydra lemon

2) realises it is really a lemon

3) wanna sell the lemon but lemon warranty will cease

4) so consumer has no choice but to watch lemon becomes super lemon oh

子非鱼,焉知鱼之乐... (you are not the fish so you...)

Then: my 4FT low tech selling off tank... (2006)

Now: (2014)

@Sept 2014

David you mean if I buy any AI light sets (Not only these 2) although the set is still within the warranty period there is no more warranty.(Warranty not transferrable)

If that is the case I do not think I will pay $500 for second hand set.

Maybe the most is $100

100 :fear: ???

IMHO, 50% off the retail price should be more reasonable if it's less than a year and in mint condition... :rolleyes: !

post-1182-049500100201281969137_thumb.gi

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Goethe

• SRC Member

Andtsg, actually i wont wanna sell a lemon but i will make the effort to get it replaced and made good before i sell. Its just like wat i hv done currently.

ok. i got what u meant bro. if I wan to buy hydra or their relevant product I go to think twice. that's ... If I buy this product and I should check the warranty is transferable. if no, then I will have a hard time selling as second hand if the set is less than a year old. then depreciation for this product is too high. I would rather go for other brand. I think I better inform my friends who are looking to buy this product asap. but I find it weird. if I buy a car, the warranty goes with the car not the owner mah. or should I say I need to wear mask before buying these brand. then the seller will not recognize the face. no joke man. is like a saga of sls scam. better get off to tell my friends read your thread asap before they commit soon

Regards,

jowenteo

• Like 1

jowen

jowenteo@gmail.com

• SRC Member

Lol jowen, your car analogy is spot on and funny at the same time...

David,

You sure AI after knowing their 1st generation AI Hydra parts had a lot of problems which they claim were due to the LED manufacturers' fault do not offer recall all units sold and replace or repair the so call faulty sets at their own cost.

If this is true then AI is very not responsible for their units sold and it also show AI do not have a quality audit program to ensure they are selling good quality product to their customer.

With the price pay for each AI unit (no cheap in my opinion) consumer expect better service and responsible from AI.

I believe even cheaper unit from China offer one to one exchange with free shipping and apologies

Bro care to share which China LED set provide such good services that offer a one to one exchange with free shipping ? Last time my $1000 Lumen Aqua LED set , i have to pay for my own shipping to factory and back to singapore cos the local agent doesnt really care.

2 Sets of brand new (unopened still in the box local units) white AI Hydra 52 on sale but without warranty. SGD500 each (price firm).

I have just received AI's response regarding the matter in my previous thread. According to them, the 1st generation AI Hydra parts had a lot of problems which they say were due to the LED manufacturers. They also said that all these issues have been resolved at the Hydra 26, Hydra 52, Hydra Prime generation. Since the resolution for my original units was based on a trade-in arrangement with Reef Depot Singapore, AI does not have a policy to extend the warranty beyond the original owner (who is me). Hence the new owner taking over will be taking over brand new Hydra 52 with no warranty. However AI has assured me that the Hydra 52s are good and do not have the history of failings as their predecessor. I have no longer the need to use the Hydra 52s as this entire experience has left a very bad taste in my mouth but I take this matter as closed.

Interested parties pls pm me to deal.

How much did they charge you for the upgrade ?

Bro u get from local agent. That is the problem. I got one from Fish Street. Cheap set not so exp like yours. I think I pay only $150 per set for my ATS. Upon recieve half working. Wrote back to them with photo. They send me a replacement set.

5*2.5*2(LED only)

Eheim return 1 * pump

1X6085 Tunze wm,

1 CURVE 7 Skimmer

Add new 2.5x2x 1.5 ft 

nLekOfpYts.jpg
[/quote]

I ask if need to send back spoilt set. They say no need

5*2.5*2(LED only)

Eheim return 1 * pump

1X6085 Tunze wm,

1 CURVE 7 Skimmer