3ft marine tank

Darren Sim

• SRC Member
tThank you so much for your advises ! Blue tang must really wait for 3months and above to keep it! Haha. Btw you mentioned that you have golden head blueline sand sifting goby can you show us a photo of that?

dbbc8f1b286094e4d9eeba8542c33dc9.jpg here it is bro! A real hard worker , or maybe just a hungry ghost . Hahaha no problem bro :)

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

By the way bros, i got a problem. I want to rescape my rocks again and maybe add one more packet of live sand, will it be alot of problem? My tank was cycled finish and now i take out all of the fishes and rescape it. Suggestions?

• SRC Member

If it's me I wouldn't add anymore sand as the depth of it looks fine . the most I would touch will be rocks only as sand can get real messy and cloud up your tank. Also I think there's some at Pacific reef !

If it's me I wouldn't add anymore sand as the depth of it looks fine . the most I would touch will be rocks only as sand can get real messy and cloud up your tank. Also I think there's some at Pacific reef !

okay bro ! But how long must i wait till i put my fish in again? Let it run for a week then test?

• SRC Member

Actually if your tank has already been cycled i think it will only take about 1 day for the sediments to settle down and you can test your water as the existing bacteria in your tank should be enough and able to handle any spikes caused by the disturbance of the sand. Just make sure no livestock is present when you add the new sand and that all the parameters look good before you add them back in. Maybe the other more experienced reefers can guide both of us in this if I'm wrong!

Actually if your tank has already been cycled i think it will only take about 1 day for the sediments to settle down and you can test your water as the existing bacteria in your tank should be enough and able to handle any spikes caused by the disturbance of the sand. Just make sure no livestock is present when you add the new sand and that all the parameters look good before you add them back in. Maybe the other more experienced reefers can guide both of us in this if I'm wrong!

have to go back and rescape then wait till friday to see whether the water cleared or not then test ! 

• Like 1

Hi bro, I'm going to get everything in a small size then slowly see them grow! Haha. Btw what do you mean your urchin move your zoa? They literally move zoa from one side to another?

The urchin's spikes with poke ur zoas and it will go around ur tank with it.

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

Update !

Left my tank alone for 2days after rescape my rocks ! Tested my water perimeter and ammonia, nitrite is 0, nitrate is 20ppm

Mg- 930ppm need to increase 

KH- 8.5DKH

Cal - 430ppm

Phosphate- 0.08ppm need to decrease 

Going to buy the Mg buffer next week and also decrease phosphate! 

Went Coral farm and kana poisoned by them! These are my loots for today ! 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Nice tank man, like your rockscape! Gives the tank depth

btw if I may suggest, go slow on the increase in bioload & allow your system to catch up with increase...

Thank you bro for viewing my post ! I'll stop for now till next month. Going to buy corals now

• SRC Member

Hey, may I know if the chromis you have are blue green chromis? haha the colours look quite unique from the photo so I'm just wondering if they are a variety I've yet to come across. Thanks!