My 4ft Wonder

• SRC Member

Got this recently.. Just decided to add in abit more media into my media compartment..

this media is small enough to fill up most of the gaps created by the bigger siporex media... but also will allow for enough flow of water thru the siporex...

bf4224a92284dca90fcc158a0539c771.jpg

c786bb8a8a64ad41f8328e8dea580aba.jpg

e27b508bb0c3942401b64db6af9cf29a.jpg

it isn't too expensive.. just buy one to try out first if it is good.. i will get more if the hole in my pants closes up.. haha.. u knw what i meant.. :)

Hopefully even if more feeding nw for the corals via polyplab amino acid and oysterfeast.. all the media will be able to keep the no3 and po4 down..

Should check in on my po4 soon.. and ensure that my rowa isn't depleted yet...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
  • SRC Member
Previously my Sohal tang was having serious color discolouration and it seems really pale.. no ich etc but just color gone...

55c8af7a02c3032d9faa2dd4fbbc34f0.jpg

I asked around and found out that it maybe lack of vitamins from the food pellets that it has been taking in...

Tried to give it some nori and red bamboo but nvr saw it eat any.. So i went to the Local Fish Shop and buy some Fish vitamin.. Got the Aquaforest Fish V.. which allows me to dose into the water or soak into the pellets before feeding..

After about 2 weeks of daily feeding via this way.. I can say that the color is coming back and the sohal is not longer pale...

All the fishes totally love the soaked pellets..

bf09d5273371f596ec45ba021a06751e.jpga51d8f20fb42b5b855e13dfdf93503c9.jpg

If anyone encounter this in future.. Try some fish V .. and also moving forward i am intending to feed more variety of food... like henry gourmet and also mysis soaked etc..

What kind/brand of pellet food u feeding them?

• SRC Member
Nice netting
The RODI tubing fits better that the rubber inserts?
Should get end caps for the 2020 profile.

I got the inserts that Prestech has but it was really tough to push in and once push it it was really tight but the netting will break.. therefore i tried rodi tubing...

Yupz.. will be getting end caps to cover up :)

• SRC Member

Yesterday i had a hiccup in my system.. Found out that my compressor controller was going crazy and overchilling my tank to 22.5degrees.. Thank God i found out in time and manage to get a replacement from Simlim Tower..

3a0e11bb36f7bb84195e6145368c5d6c.jpg

12d048dc94eebfc54680ab10277ed369.jpg

This new controller is so much better than the old one allowing me to calibrate the temperature to the right temperature..

• SRC Member

Wah bro, I bought the same ip cam for the same reason but haven't set it up cos dunno where to place it for a good angle. You bought from the online December sales right?? Haha

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

• SRC Member
Wah bro..no need to put the ip cam so near ba..haha..how much is the ip cam?buy from?
Anyway, nice reef tank..

Hi bro, I got mine from q0010, about 40 plus depending on what accessories you add on.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

• SRC Member

Collected the contest prizes yesterday.. and got to work on installing the items

55867976a02708ddcb8a57945f55fe36.jpg

Thank u Reef Depot and SRC for enabling me to move up to the next level of reefing; must really do justice with the equipment especially the g4s

5e92dddd630cc869c5d0d121b8f9fe00.jpg

• Like 1

• SRC Member

First in.. Nyos 160 skimmer!!

4b36e3b7fe58392b20d3b209c002e81c.jpg

Assembly was easy.. and everything looks so slick...

7c1c4ac644ed66d4a58f6a2652c9642e.jpg

Into the sump it goes... Took out my Skimz SM203.. now my sump got more space!!! woot

a6bbd71e565606de249f36a6915005c1.jpg

After all these, i will have to clean up all the stuff in the sump to make it nice and neat again..

Skimmer currently running in.. hopefully will get lot of skimmate soon..

• Like 1

Nice prizes.

Display Tank : 36" x 20" x 20" Herbie overflow box design, Sump : 36" x 21" x 17", Frag Tank : 16” x 20” x 16”, custom built by Tank Culture.

Lightings : Ecotech  Radion XR15 Pro x 2 for Main Display Tank, Inled R80 x 1 for Frag Tank.

Chiller : Dalkin 1hp compressor with build-in drop coil.

Skimmer : Skimz Octa SC205i Protein Skimmer.

FR : H2Ocean FMR75 Fluidised Media Reactor with Hailea HX-2500 (Feeder Pump) running Rowaphos.

CR : Skimz Monzter E Series CM122 Calcium Reactor.

BPR: Marine Source Biopellet  Reactor with Continuum Reef Biopellet Fuel. 

Main Return Pump : SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 & Jebao ACQ-10000 Water Pump.

Wavemaker : Jebao MOW-9 x2 for Main Display Tank & Jebao SLW-20M  Sine Wave Pump for  Frag Tank.

Water Top Up: AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite.

• 2 months later...
  • SRC Member

It has been awhile since i updated this thread.....been really busy with life....and also taking care of my tank as much as i can...

Some stuff have changed...

I took over my friend's blue tang as it was getting too big for his tank...and also manage to catch and sell off my sailfin tang...

In order to introduce the blue tang and to prevent any one to one fighting by the crazy sohal tang which i had... i went around looking for another tang...

Manage to find a Tang which had been quite hard to find... Maculiceps Tang... Saw one in the Display Tank of Madpetz and also one in Aquamarine..they are a beauty..

IMG_4926.JPG

It isnt easy to take a good photo of it...but it is a beauty; changing to pale color to dark brown...it is like have 3 different tang in one tang...  it is really active always swimming all around...

It was a crazy one week when i added both the blue and the Maculicep tang into my tank...my Sohal went on a crazy rage mode...after half a evening of fighting...i decided to catch out the sohal and isolate it... it wasnt easy to do that.... had to remove some corals to put a netting to trap it... but it was a good move as i manage to remove the aggression in the tank and the two newly introduced tang can settle in and recover from the wounds... 

Put the Sohal in isolation box for a weeks and then release it and there was totally no more aggression in the tank...and now...all 3 tangs are swimming togather without any issue

IMG_5034.JPG

• Like 1