"The Worst LFs i come across" hahaha...

• SRC Member

i went to a lfs name marine life hobbyist at west coast way near the aye. i ask a yellow tang how much. he say 23. i say can decrease to 20. he say cannot. then cleaner wrasse cost 10 dollars . a morish idol cost 25 . i can find lfs selling cheaper than that. any one know which lfs can cheaper fishes?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
i went to a lfs name marine life hobbyist  at west coast way  near the aye. i ask a yellow tang how much. he say 23. i say can decrease to 20. he say cannot. then cleaner wrasse cost 10 dollars .  a morish idol cost 25 . i can find lfs selling cheaper than that. any one know which lfs can cheaper fishes?

Vic i think you dont base on pricing on Live stock to make such statement. On Marine Life.

Different LFS sells their live stocks with different pricing due to many reason. Yellow tang can come from many different region which may cause the different in pricing.

Just to share with you Vic.

There is 1 health purple tang left in Marine Life which is suppose to be solded to me as i told henry to reserve it. But i was late in collecting it after weeks. He did not blame me and when i was there to collect it after weeks, the fish had alittle bit of ich then.. Which he refuse to sell me even it was my fault ..

My 2cents.

i went to a lfs name marine life hobbyist  at west coast way  near the aye. i ask a yellow tang how much. he say 23. i say can decrease to 20. he say cannot. then cleaner wrasse cost 10 dollars .  a morish idol cost 25 . i can find lfs selling cheaper than that. any one know which lfs can cheaper fishes?

Obviously you are looking for cheap deals....maybe you want to check it out to find out more about the source of the LS...before condeming the shop

I understand most of the fishes are hand caught and handling is superb to ensure fishes arrive in good conditions. if you want to take the risk of getting from those distributors or some LFS whrere the quality of the fishes are questionable...go ahead.

Anyway...to you, what criteria qualifies a LFS as Worst LFS ??

Poor water conditions?

Poor fish health?

Irresponsible LFS boss or workers?

Rude treatment of customers?

because he did not give you further discounts?? :huh:

From my exp....the fishes there are of great quality...and the boss is extremely helpful to help out reefers... ....

• SRC Member

Yeah. It's not fair to mark Marine Life just because you can't get any discounts...

Marine Life is well-known for the quality of their livestocks and the owner, Henry keeps them in prestine and great conditions... He takes the trouble of packing the fish properly, not overcrowding his fishes (unlike some other LFS run by Ah Bengs). And Henry has also been in this line for a long time and he knows his stuff very well.

Most (in fact, I will say all) experienced reefers will know that if you buy from Marine Life, you are buying something of quality.

I agree with Deepblue, if you want cheaper Livestocks, yes there are, but take the risk if you want.... All it takes is one sickly livestock to wipe your tank out...

Lastly, I think it's unfair for you to pass such a remark on a reowned LFS just because you can't get a discount. It reflects very badly on you. I think you should retract your comments...

Moderators, I suggest this thread be removed...

• SRC Member

ML is ok what!?...Got plenty of advice from Henry...Their stuff pricing is considered reasonable due to the region that the LS came from.

And to add on...you dont judge a LFS bad juz on pricing...if thats the case many LFS will be considered bad.

They can juz selling you any some dying/disease strucked specimen and sell you for cheap cheap!! Do consider that you are paying for the assurance of good health of the LS and their advice (even though u dun need it).

I'm not trying to promote any LFS but juz dun tink its justified/appropriate to judge any LFS this way.

My 2 Cents

• SRC Member

many knows this hobby is not cheap... u can get a good cheap deal in other lfs but knowledge ive got from Henry is priceless..... Marine Life is one of the best and knowledgable lfs around.... one of my favorite....

• SRC Member

There a shop call L** etc at serangoon north is the worst i seen lor

tell you u want to buy buy dont want go away

u inspect the live rock, say you dont stir my water wait all turn bad

ask about stuff, tell you ask so much for wat..... dont need to ask where they come from..... you want from that area can..... i can order the price you can pay anot.....

that is wat i call worst LFS

• SRC Member
Hmm I got my Aspidoutus Taeniatus ( AKA Blue Doctor ) from him and they were already trained to eat pellets . So a good deal i must say .

I would rate his attitude as friendly as i only went there once to get things from him .

Ya agree with bro ricky!!! Henry is damn friendly and helpful. :yeah:

Remember last time when i was damn new to reefing and saw the ghost shrimp he's selling. I told him what LS i have (got a wrasse) and he told me wrasse will eat the shrimp. :lol:

Indeed very helpful!!! ;)

• SRC Member

Hendry is the friendliest LFS owner around! He gives the RIGHT advices. Though he's stocks are pricey, you'll never regret buying from him. This stocks are in tip top condition and best of all, feeding! Maybe you haven't got the chance to know him. Try talking to him, he's really nice!

• SRC Member

I was quite surprised with the comments passed on ML.

I have always found Henry of ML to be very knowledgeable and always willing to share his knowledge on the care of his LS. He even takes the time to teach newcomers on how to acclimitise their LS properly.

Always found the quality of his LS to be far superior to some of those LFS selling 'cheap' LS.

IMO - it is unfair to pass judgement on any LFS just because they are not willing to give you the discount that you asked for.

:eyebrow:

don't give you discount and you make so much noise?

imho, Henry is probably the friendliest shop owner around. ever willing to sacrifice time to eat/probably sleep/toilet to entertain his clients. he is also very frank in his opinion, and never stinges on the advice that he dishes out.

I think you've wrong Henry and Marine Life. if it wasn't for Marine Life convincing me, I doubt I would have started out on this hobby last year.

my two cents.

I was quite surprised with the comments passed on ML.

I have always found Henry of ML to be very knowledgeable and always willing to share his knowledge on the care of his LS. He even takes the time to teach newcomers on how to acclimitise their LS properly.

Always found the quality of his LS to be far superior to some of those LFS selling 'cheap' LS.

IMO - it is unfair to pass judgement on any LFS just because they are not willing to give you the discount that you asked for.

:eyebrow:

Hi, can any one tell me where is ML ? i new to this hobby.but agree with some brother, good thing never come cheap.I have brought some LS cheaper by couple of dollar but they seem like they never

more then a week... :(

IMHO, worse come to worse, u can go ard saying stuff like ML sells expensive things....... but u gotta understand where his stocks came from. bali, carribean, red sea, batam, hawaii, etc???? things r priced differently when they come from different places.

what about unpacking shipments that come in middle of the night? hv u taken the labour these guys have to go thru into consideration.

in the end, there is no basis to judge a lfs by their prices. u can always go scouting ard for cheaper goods like i do :). but no way am i going to judge them by their prices and condemn it in SRC.

Juz me 2 cents.......

Austin the Westie: "I may be your best friend, but you are my everything".

Lightning Strike's Back!!!

Reefkeeping Is Not My Hobby, It's My Obsession.

Austin's Birthday

.png

• SRC Member

No way ML is worst LFs.

Think most reefer will agree with me, he is one of the best.

Eventhough his price is a little higher, but you pay for what you get.

Tank 4x2x2.5

• SRC Member

ok ok . finally all have spoken about henry . to tell u, this is a setup . i know he is very good . a first visit to his shop . i ask him alot about his fishes, good answering to my knowlege. nice keeping , yes fish too pricey, but really, i was very shocked that all speak up of henry , one of the rarest brainer for marine lifes. thank u all for your comments. i seem mostly u all go there. Henry the Best......

Give me a hell yeah!!! :evil:

bro...you checked your calendar??? You are 3 days late...April Fool was a few days ago.... tiao pah :evil: