Bubble in the eye of Purple Tang

• SRC Member

Is this is called as clouded eye due to itch or pop eye? I am worried now. Last week i added both YT and PT. Both got ich. My YT almost recovered. Feeding them with garlic soaked food everyday. So far not much improvement on PT. But its behaviour is normal and feeds everytime i feed.

Looks like edema in the eyes...such accumulation of body fluids below the tissue surface is quite a common symptom during epithelial infections. It will normally subside once the infection is cured. I suggest beefing it up with garlic until it recovers.

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

Hmm..no need to be worried excessively...I remember the last time Henry's black tang had ich..then came the secondary infections..Boils all over the poor fish's body..everyone thought it was dooomed. Amazingly it recovered! :lol:

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

• SRC Member
Today it got cloudy eyes. from day 1 its eating garlic soaked food. I am worried it becomes blinded. Hope it recovers soon. Thanks everyone for the advice. Anyother thing i have to do?

my blue tang always have it when i first brought it....on and off....and every time it occurs immediately after a outbreak of ich.

Anyway, dun worry, with proper care it always heals quite nicely.

I realize that everytime i change water or do some aquascaping it will happen - i think it is due to stress...but in the recent month, it did not happened....guess it must have gotton use to the routine... :P

• SRC Member

hi bro i have a chromis also have cloudy eyes in the end ,,,,, end up with one eye blind :(

so better treat it fast ...

anyway a whole pic of ur setup

Selling big game fishing equipment. Stella 20k / 17k .. made in Japan jigging blue rose / kabuzu popping rod... pm for prices