My newly aqua-scaped tank

harlequin

• SRC Member

AT,

Actually there's 4 Maximas there.

Bought the large Blue Maxima at a steal....

Tank specs is 60" L x 24" H x 30" W. sump is about 30 gallons.

2 x MH Aqualine 150W 10K about 8" above water surface. Running DSB of 4 inches at least with denitrator and Calcium Reactor.

Tank is almost 2 years old now with lots of fishes, around 30+.

Calcium supplemented with Kalkwasser as i think the large number of calcium suckers in the tanks consume the calcium before anything else can take place.

Anyway, found a octopus branch having a small piece of growth yesterday.

• SRC Member

Must find one good day to invite fellow reefers to come and view the clams.

The clams side is near the windows, and facing morning sun from 7am till 11am.

Already spent loads of cash on the clams , since my previous Clown Coris Wrasse ate 8 pieces of croceas that i've been keeping since day 1.

For those who are waiting for Yellow Tang and other fishes, sad to say, in the midst of taking out the rocks , by mistake i dumped around 10 fishes (including the Yellow Tang) into the same box containing 2 large leather coral. Guess the toxic emitted must have killed them in 5 mins time.

Have managed to release my 12" snowflake moray into East Coast Beach. Go catch it if you want , its near McDonald's.

That's why out of frustration, decided to re-aquascape the rocks with big flat rocks painfully selected from LFS so as to ensure my precious clams have no chance of falling down to the sand bed.

Will be aiming for total of 21 clams before and 12 pieces of large SPS. Most of the livestocks are purchased from LCK, T95 or RW. The last 2 LFS are my favourite haunts.

If you don't find any Maximas, most probably in my tank.... ;)

You too Nivlac?

:cry:

I am happy to report that the clam disease has appeared to stop, leaving behind two big squamosas and 1 small crocea survivors.

Touch wood, Harlequin... pray it never happens to you!

• SRC Member

I was quite lucky to escape that dreaded clam disease.

When i saw that post on clam diseases, was a little afraid that one of the newly purchased Crocea might come with disease.

Other than strong lighting, only other food is from Kent's liquid food like MicroVert and PhytoPlex.