Uninvited guests spotted

• SRC Member

Hi guys,

Got a problem here. Wondering anyone has any good ideas to share? Spotted a big & long bristle worm & a 5cm hairy crab in my reef tank. Tried setting traps but without any results. Imagine the worm is so strong to push my LR & coral down. Also noticed the crab "disturbing" my frogspawn in the night. Pse help anyone....Very stressful.

:(:thanks:

Clownfish lover

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Hey guys, Finally removed the "guests". Only thing was I need to remove all corals & LR from the tank. Those DIY traps just don't work. Thought it is interesting to report that the bristle worm is 3ft long. The hairy crab is abt 5cm. What a relief. Thanks for all the advise given by the reefers. Cheers.

:thanks:

Hey guys, Finally removed the "guests". Only thing was I need to remove all corals & LR from the tank. Those DIY traps just don't work. Thought it is interesting to report that the bristle worm is 3ft long. The hairy crab is abt 5cm. What a relief. Thanks for all the advise given by the reefers. Cheers.

:thanks:

3ft long bristle??? OMG!!! How thick is the body? I think at least 2" ??? I see already sure pui!

I just managed to trap a 4cm hairy crab this morning. Let my daughter play with it for a while then speared it and throw it back as snack for my shrimps.

me spotted a mantis shrimp in my tank yesterday........ saw in hiding in a crevice in one of my LRs. I injected the crevice with kalk paste immediately and poke the crevice with a sharp toothpick....... wonder if it's dead??? damn those buggers!!! :angry:

Austin the Westie: "I may be your best friend, but you are my everything".

Lightning Strike's Back!!!

Reefkeeping Is Not My Hobby, It's My Obsession.

Austin's Birthday

.png

• SRC Member
me spotted a mantis shrimp in my tank yesterday........ saw in hiding in a crevice in one of my LRs. I injected the crevice with kalk paste immediately and poke the crevice with a sharp toothpick....... wonder if it's dead??? damn those buggers!!! :angry:

Dont think so.

I have ever seen a worm, stretched to 8 feet long both one LR to another LR when I bought this rock. I only noticed when I took this rock out from the water and walked 6 feet away to the weighing device. Then the shop boss saw this too while he was taking out of this another rock, and all of us were shocked!

We quickly pulled it out and throw away and didnt even noticed what worm is it. Were too shocked to notice.

Dont think so.

I have ever seen a worm, stretched to 8 feet long both one LR to another LR when I bought this rock. I only noticed when I took this rock out from the water and walked 6 feet away to the weighing device. Then the shop boss saw this too while he was taking out of this another rock, and all of us were shocked!

We quickly pulled it out and throw away and didnt even noticed what worm is it. Were too shocked to notice.

what has this gotta do with a "MANTIS SHRIMP"??? :look:

Austin the Westie: "I may be your best friend, but you are my everything".

Lightning Strike's Back!!!

Reefkeeping Is Not My Hobby, It's My Obsession.

Austin's Birthday

.png

• SRC Member

:ooh: oh my god , it is a 3ft bristle worm . sure anot? oh my they really look like centipides , i think if my girlfrend saw that worm ,sure :cry:

oh my what a long worm . hmmz dear reefers, other than bristle worm , what other worms can find in LR? :shock:

• SRC Member

oh my today i got see two mantis shrimps at my sand. oh my. i caught them using a stick and a big net. now in my tubby . they look like pair, greenish type , why mantis shrimp got alot of color ar? :sick:

• SRC Member
oh my today i got see two mantis shrimps at my sand. oh my. i caught them using a stick and a big net. now in my tubby . they look like pair, greenish type , why mantis shrimp got alot of color ar? :sick:

peacock mantis????

*translated from Hokkien*

"If say no bang wall, this idiot will never ripen" - Mr Quah Siew Kow.