What to feed lawnmower blenny?

• SRC Member

Hi all, got a lawnmower blenny to clear my tank of algae; now that he has done a good job, was wondering what kinds of food to feed him...will it eat nori? Any help much apprec; search on previous threads were not too encouraging.... :(

• SRC Member
Hi all, got a lawnmower blenny to clear my tank of algae; now that he has done a good job, was wondering what kinds of food to feed him...will it eat nori? Any help much apprec; search on previous threads were not too encouraging.... :(

Well you can always sell it to me...:P

• 4 years later...
  • SRC Member

Hi reefers,

My lawnmower blenny is extremely hardworking and have stripped all algae from LR. I tried feeding it with nori but the nori flakes just float around and were ignore by the lawnmower. Any suggestions?

I got Aquapharm Marine veggies and it comes in small strips of 1mm by 3mm so it's not possible to tie it down to a rock.

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend..." - Lei Siu Lung (Bruce Lee)

• Senior Reefer

wow u reviving a 5 year old thread! hmm....the seaweed so small? >.< maybe u could cut a 500ml water bottle in half, and let it sink into the tank and put the vegggie inside so it wont float around? and maybe ur blenny will go in to eat....i cant think of any suggestion for u...tis is all i could think of haha

• SRC Member

Thanks for all suggestions.

Hi Markie,

Does your blenny come up to get the pellets or wait until they sink? I use Sera Granumarin but all my other fishes gobbles up all the food before they have a chance to sink to the bottom.

If too much sinks to the bottom, diatom and algae will become a problem.

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend..." - Lei Siu Lung (Bruce Lee)

• Senior Reefer

Hi Markie,

Does your blenny come up to get the pellets or wait until they sink? I use Sera Granumarin but all my other fishes gobbles up all the food before they have a chance to sink to the bottom.

then the algae grow le, ur blenny cane at :)

Hi reefers,

My lawnmower blenny is extremely hardworking and have stripped all algae from LR. I tried feeding it with nori but the nori flakes just float around and were ignore by the lawnmower. Any suggestions?

I got Aquapharm Marine veggies and it comes in small strips of 1mm by 3mm so it's not possible to tie it down to a rock.

If you are selling it, pls let me know. I have plenty of algae in my tank. :eyebrow:

• SRC Member

Hi Markie,

it grabs it when it is dropping down the tank... same as my clowns, royal gamma and some wrasse. so when i feed i usually switch off the return... and since mine is a barebottom, when it drops down the cleaner shrimps take care of it. yeah.. they eat the pellets too... its that good. hahahaa

• SRC Member
it grabs it when it is dropping down the tank... same as my clowns, royal gamma and some wrasse. so when i feed i usually switch off the return... and since mine is a barebottom, when it drops down the cleaner shrimps take care of it. yeah.. they eat the pellets too... its that good. hahahaa

Cool. I hope my blenny gets enlightened soon on these gourmet cuisine.