sunburst anthias

Roidan, stop reminding me of my MIA black cap..... :cry2:

got a yellow head jawfish oso MIA a few weeks ago..... comfirm mati liaoz......

hengz.... still can c my royal gramma and red head goby......

but most pain time should be last wk when all my clams abt 13 (most max) went up the lorryz due to dreaded clam disease. now dun even hv a single clam in my tank.......

waiting for the ultra coloured maximas to resurface in spore again...... :(

Austin the Westie: "I may be your best friend, but you are my everything".

Lightning Strike's Back!!!

Reefkeeping Is Not My Hobby, It's My Obsession.

Austin's Birthday

.png

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

tdmrider,

Curious, what do you mean by "test water"? :huh:

Sunburst Anthias is a beautiful and delicate species, and as with any live stock we add to our tanks, we should be prepared to provide the very best for it. It's a commitment that all who venture into this hobby should make. ;)

Is your tank system (i.e. skimmer, etc.) capable of handling the heavy feeding requirements of anthias and corresponding heavy bio-load?

Dan

of cos i'm aware of tat.

i will not waste so much money 2 buy a fish n later find tat i'm not capable of keeping it, n tat's y i'm here, seeking advices.

i'm into tis hobby not very long n not very short either. i know wat i'm doing. ;)

• SRC Member

I also bought 1 a mth+ ago to "test water" cause I saw 1 pc with little bump on head, just like louhan.. :lol:

BTW.. it really shy and hide between rocks until hardly can see it. Have never see it bite a single food since day1. Most of the time the food will be finished by tangs. But I don't see it getting thinner leh.. strange..

post-54-1083807944.jpg

Tank 4x2x2.5

Got one with me for about 6 months liao. very bold, eats everything i throw in. my blackcap's dead and one of my helrich's missing! :cry2:

blackcap dead and helfrich missing?? then u more pain then me!!! :(

Austin the Westie: "I may be your best friend, but you are my everything".

Lightning Strike's Back!!!

Reefkeeping Is Not My Hobby, It's My Obsession.

Austin's Birthday

.png

• SRC Member

My bartletts I have gotten so far have been very bold, in fact they're one of the fishes that are still alive in my tank of low, rather 0 maintenance...

Someone here once recommended to keep the sunbursts in a small enclosure in the main tank and ensure that they are active and feeding before releasing them. If all MIA, its likely you have a predator. Search the forum for some crab catching methods...

*disclaimer in case kena flamed - not undermining the difficulty of any anthias species, just commenting that the bartlett is indeed the one of the better anthias to start off with :rolleyes:

• SRC Member
My bartletts I have gotten so far have been very bold, in fact they're one of the fishes that are still alive in my tank of low, rather 0 maintenance...

Someone here once recommended to keep the sunbursts in a small enclosure in the main tank and ensure that they are active and feeding before releasing them. If all MIA, its likely you have a predator. Search the forum for some crab catching methods...

*disclaimer in case kena flamed - not undermining the difficulty of any anthias species, just commenting that the bartlett is indeed the one of the better anthias to start off with :rolleyes:

thanks

i'll b getting 1 fr ML next wk.

so u mean bartlett anthias is the eaiest to start off with ? IF not, which anthias is the easiest to start off with <<Easiest in the sense of Makan, Bold and not shy. But most important Makan larh Thanks

Regards: :peace:

• SRC Member
buy 1 test water 1st mah.

my sunburst still not eating, abt 3 days already. dun know how long more it will survive.. then again, luckily buy 1 oni. ;)

1 mth.. mine finally missing already after starve since day 1

Tank 4x2x2.5

• SRC Member

tis is demoralising :cry::cry:

Try feeding it newly hatched BBS (< 1mm in size). Can hatch your own or buy from LFS that sell 'em.

I've had my sunburst for over 2 months. I feed them fresh live BBS almost daily, resulting in a heavy bioload but bo pian. Fortunately, I've got a good skimmer supplemented with chemical filtration (i.e. Reefez Carbon Plus, Rowaphos, Contraphos Konz., ... keeping the dissolved nutrient levels in check.