14kk bulb

Hon

• SRC Member

yeah! i agree with Hon. I personally have seen the phoenix bulb after firing up! Its really cool and the price is rather cheap! much much cheaper than aquaconnect.. shant divulge the price here want to know the price ask viclite.. the manager is more than happy to assist you in any ways you deem.. in conclusion, IMO, i think the phoenix bulb is worth the money! :idea:

• SRC Member

Here is a stupid foreigner? :blink:

More appropriate will be,馬鹿!

Hon,

The bicolor is still alive and seems bigger! :erm:

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

• SRC Member
The bicolor is still alive and seems bigger! :erm:

I know... My wife forbid me from taking it out. I got a fish trap already to go anytime.. too bad. Now trying to scare it to its death while feeding time :P

By the way, whats the lifespan of an angel fish? Almost 4yrs liao still dun die of old age <_<

Wow..impressive...nice design of your tank..overflows on both ends..and nice water turbulence at the surface. So many colonies.. :yeah:

Nice bicolor angel...one of my favourite angelfishes.. ;) Anyway..think you can expect it to live for a long time, even my maroon clown lived for 5 years+ before I decided to give it away.. :lol: Maybe the bicolor can easily hit 10 years? :lol:

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

• SRC Supporter

Hon, Your reef looks cool!!...

You have been stocking up or are those jus growth from your acros?? :lol:

BTW, any difference the phoenix/aquaconnect bulbs does for your reef than the previous bulbs used??

a really solid tank...thinking about what Joe has said....I was wondering what the awesome tank will look like when the colonies starts growing out ..... :whistle

:off: I am using now using 14000k Hamilton tech SE bulbs...still feel rather uncomfortable as I see the clams doing not as well as when it was under 10000K...thats the the reason I switched back to 10000K(one side for the time being)....any experience in this???

Think maybe because clams rely more on light spectrum that is in the lower kelvins, towards the yellowish side. A 14,000K bulb might be providing more blue spectrum than yellow spectrum, limiting the amount of yellow spectrum that would be more beneficial to clams. If the bulb was 400W maybe there would be enough intensity of the yellow spectrum that the clams would be happy with. Changing to a 10,000K bulb means that there is a higher proportion of yellow spectrum compared to blue. Maybe that's why your clams have been happier with a 10,000K bulb?

Also depends on the manufacturer. Similar bulbs rated the same kelvins can look very different in spectrum. :huh:

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

I can't tell the visual difference between the two bulbs myself. :)

The Phoenix DE bulb is a good buy if the bulb is tested to give favourable results in time to come! Any other testers beside Hon? :)

I have not tested the AC bulbs myself and am thinking of using them on my reef to replace the Sakis.

But the phoenix bulbs are not available in SE configurations as informed by Hon... so I can't really report the differences between the AC and Phoenix bulbs. There is also no spectral chart available for the Phoenix bulbs... guess we have to go by visual assessment and faith! ;)

I wonder if the AC bulbs are OEM by Phoenix? :rolleyes: