My nearly complete skimmer

typrobin

• SRC Member
did more adjustments and managed to produce even finer bubbles...but burping persist....as mentioned by ERIC, the design for such a skimmer shouldn't be like tat...it will cause burping and disrupt the foam built up....

compare the difference between the foam in my riser and the foam on the cover of the H&S....

Typrobin, I have a suggestion for you.......why not you convert ur Eheim 1060 to a needlewheel impeller or change the spray injector to a Mazzei injector and test out the result base on your present design........you might be surprise with the result.........

Eric

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

Typrobin, I have a suggestion for you.......why not you convert ur Eheim 1060 to a needlewheel impeller or change the spray injector to a Mazzei injector and test out the result base on your present design........you might be surprise with the result.........

Eric

huh? eheim needlewheel US$100+....

mazzei US$70....

very ex leh....no money lah....my injector cost me less than $20.....so far i am very satisfied with the results....i still have 2weeks before vinoth comes back....sssssshhhhhhhhh....if not he might charge me rental fee.....

• SRC Member
looking very good!

sorry did not join you guys today.

it will be best if we could see which kind of pump will bring out the best effect on this skimmer. hm..

seriously i have no idea how well it will perform if i hook it up with a stronger pump....i ask the ang mo who did the dual spray injector, he used a iwasaki 40 to run a single spray injector...but running a mx70 for the dual spray injector....

i think the stronger the pump the better it will be, but due to low resources, i can't experiment on it....

so far the eheim 1060 is doing good enuf for me....very tempted to use vinoth's md55 but i think it is rather rude to use his brand new pump without asking....

• SRC Member

mistake....the ang mo is running a iwaki md55 for his dual spray injector....

i am now planning out to do an experiment on 3 skimmer....here's the criteria

1) all 3 skimmers will be of exactly the same dimensions

2) running all 3 skimmers on the same tank

3) all 3 skimmers will run on a single resun md55 each

4) will take 3-4 days to fine tune each skimmer and run them for 2 weeks after cleaning the collection cups

skimmer 1: single beckett

skimmer 2: dual spray injector

skimmer 3: single spray injector

hope tat i can get 3 volunteers who are willing to buy the skimmers and the md55s from me after i am done with the test....also need a volunteer to house all 3 skimmers for the test and adsorb the electricity charges....

anyone???

of course there will be a risk to the reefer who volunteers to house my skimmer...

1) the electricity charges...

2) the possiblity of a tank crash when i remove the skimmers....but will do them gradually...1 skimmer every 3-4days....

but the good thing is, during this 2 weeks of testing....u can feed your fishes like mad....good for those tanks with ich problems....pump up the fishes' immune system by feeding more and provide squeaky clean water.....

• SRC Member
cool!!! the next DIY guru in the making!!! :bow:

errr....... when do i hv the privilege to play mj with u huh? :eyebrow::off:

heard that u r oso a mj guru...... :lol:

not mj guru lah, just lucky tat day....

wanted to play but i think i was working that day....sure have chance one....

anyway, Flub and benz were the 1st to suffer the wrath of my 13-yau...hahahhaa

another day....just jio me...shouldn;t be a prob if i am not working....

• 4 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

If I did not see your pics, i can't believe this mess came from a skimer. Well done. Wish to learn DIY from you.

bro, u a bit slow leh...check out my RobSKim Master...even better check out Joe_P's beckett skimmer!!!

HAHAHAHA

learn from me?? no prob, definitely can exchange lotsa tips...