AquaC EV240

• SRC Member

Its a superb skimmer in my experience. I am using it with a md55 but find it too powerful for the skimmer so instead of cutting back the flow and wasting electricity ... have decided to a get a beckett which will work perfectly with the md55

hmm if everyone going for beckett, we can expect more 2nd hand aquac and h&s being sold off.  hehehe juz what im waiting for except i need a ev-180 due to height restriction.

Not everyone will go for beckett. Can you imagine how much power the energy pressure rated pumps needs. High running cost :P

Assillian, my reason for changing to beckett is that I forsee more heavy feeding for my tangs and going to connect a 2ft cube FOWLR together with the 4ft hence the need for a even more powerful skimmer.

Moreover I am currently using the MD55 (flow reduced with ball valve) to drive the EV-240. Since already burning 130W then might as well burn it on the beckett.

Due to these two reasons might as well go all out for the beckett.

$600 is a very good buy for the EV-240. This skimmer needs pumps of around 90W so you pretty save on power.

looks like spray is second oni to beckett? and venturi is second to spray?

i love mi remora, i think it works great...btw is HnS spray?

H&S is needlewheel. btw bro Creetin, how's ur skimate from ur remora? wet or dry? u sing for how many ft tank. care to share some specs? :off:

Austin the Westie: "I may be your best friend, but you are my everything".

Lightning Strike's Back!!!

Reefkeeping Is Not My Hobby, It's My Obsession.

Austin's Birthday

.png

• SRC Member

Specifications for EV-240:

- Dimensions: 10.75" x 6.75" x 26" (L x W x H)

- Spray Induction style protein skimmer designed for in sump or stand alone use with aquariums from 80 - 350 gallons.

- Comes complete with air inlet with precision ball valve for fine tuning and collection cup drain.

- Input: 3/4" hose barb.

- Output: 1" gate valve.

- Required Pump rate: 900 - 1000 gph.

- The unit is completely self-leveling and may be installed alongside or in the sump in up to 10" of water.