Pellet Food

This sure sound like a stupid question ... but I'll ask anyway ...

What brand of pellet food do you guys feed your marine fish?

I'm looking for one that will sink slowly. I have a swallowtail angel that is not aggressive enough to compete for food with the rest of the gang at the top. Don't want to feed frozen brine/mysis shrimp all the time.

Thanks

• SRC Member

this one from HL.... errrr but i can't find the name leh.. wahahahah... errr red cap.. written there MARINE GRAN.. PET DAJANA....... $6.50 only... it will sink slowly but some will still float on the surface of the water... hmmm u can make it sink if u literally throw the food into the water..

The world is such a wicked place,war btween the human race. People work to earn their bread,while across the sea they're counting dead

• SRC Member

fo-HB13105.jpg

ths desc get from customaquatic

HBH Marine Spirulina Soft & Moist regular pellet 1.1oz. Soft and Moist with Spirulina is a super-rich food containing high amounts of spirulina algae

i'm using this. most of it will sink, some left over float awhile then will sink also

:peace:

• SRC Member

Have the same promwhen i 1st introduced my Yellow Tang. Now he/she is is just as fast as the rest :D

I'm using Kent Platinum pellet, Sera Granules & HBH pellet. I always soap it in a small cup of tank water before i feed it to the fish. It helps the pellets to sink faster. Oops sorry :paiseh: u wanted those that sink slowly :paiseh::paiseh::paiseh: All the abv 3 sink quite slowly.

U can try flakes also.....waste it down thru a PVC pipe with some water. U can even adjust the depth u want.....works for me ;)

• SRC Member

i can only suggest mixture of pellet food and some BS will keep your fish happy...imagine yourself eating rice 365days a year...u also sian rite :sick: mixture as in one day HBH pellets, one day other brand pellet...one day BS etc :D

• SRC Member

sorry, dun feed dry food. used to tetra marin .......phosphate levels exploded.

Now only staple

beehoon(bloodworms)

sweet sour prawns(mysis)

sambal kangkong(nori)

Hay bee hiam/prawn sambal( brineshrimp)

on occasion- calamari(cut fresh sotong)

green salad(american lettuce)

got somemore but that ones really once in a blue moon.(mince prawn wif garlic and Spirulina/cucumber/bread).

Nobody falls sick.

• SRC Member

My fish eat this,

large.jpg

Always healthy and strong. You should try it too. Meaty! YUM!

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

• SRC Member

Real fish eat Eukanuba! All the rest of the wimps eat nori!

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

• SRC Member

Have you tried feeding your fishes Kobe Beef?

beef.jpg

Heard it improves colour and increases breeding.

post-36-1093875548.jpg