Need help on po4 & si02

• SRC Member

Hi guy's,

Recently using 500gm of Biopros2 for my 135gal tank. to date already 10 days but seem like it not working very well for my tank. My po4 now is 0.1ppm (test kit Tropic Marin) and Silicate is 0.25ppm (Test kit Salifert). :( how can I bring it down to zero? Please advice. :thanks:

Bernard

• SRC Member

But my sump tank is in the cabinet.

Inside the cabinet left only 3" of space in front of my sump tank.

unless I'll have to drill hole on my cabinet and put the FR outside, but look funny right.

well you can either...

1) stuff it in a filter bag and end up not utilising the powers of Rowa/Contra/whatever effectively

2) stuff it into a FR and drill a hole in your cabinet and have zero PO4 and SiO2 for a while *depends on when the media exhausts itself*

3) live with a tank filled with messy looking algae if your PO4 level climbs.

I'd chose option 2 and drill a hole. the FR doesn't look unsightly anyway. looks quite nice if you ask me. (=

• SRC Supporter
Ok then bobian have to pick option 2 liao. but the FR not cheap lor have to wait for my pay day liao. few day ago when down to Bio Ocean but no stock liao. :thanks:

Hi Bernard,

Place your name on Bio Ocean's Contraphos and Reef Maniacs Promotional thread and you should see a unit made available to you pretty soon ...

• SRC Member

Hi Bernard,

Place your name on Bio Ocean's Contraphos and Reef Maniacs Promotional thread and you should see a unit made available to you pretty soon ...

I hope that AT will allow me to pay only after the 24th of this month.

• SRC Member

me also quite blur and new, but doesn't PO4 eventually gets consumed as your tank matures?

Used to have PO4 problem, but after 6 months, i found my PO4 dropping together with NO3 to undectable level...I don't have a sump and refiguim but I do have maco-algae and use active carbon in the tank itself....didn't do much other then dripping Kalk, trace element and feeding sugar to the tank....

• SRC Member
me also quite blur and new, but doesn't PO4 eventually gets consumed as your tank matures?

Used to have PO4 problem, but after 6 months, i found my PO4 dropping together with NO3 to undectable level...I don't have a sump and refiguim but I do have maco-algae and use active carbon in the tank itself....didn't do much other then dripping Kalk, trace element and feeding sugar to the tank....

Both my 2 month and 6 month old tank also have this po4 & si02 problem. very hard to bring it down. now every 2 to 3 days have to clean the glass if not alot of brown algae. :(

Care to share?

Heard that active carbon will remove some of the trace element? what is the effect and will it affect any of the live stock? :thanks: