My Koran change colour

• SRC Member

The Koran in tank for more than two months. He grew from 1" to 1 1/2" (approxi). I found he changed the colour this morning, some blue body skins look blurred. Is this arnormal? He eats about 15 bs everyday.

• SRC Member

Hmmm normally the blurring is the indication of growing from juvenile to adult. But 1.5 inch is abit to small to be changing yet....

Mine 3 inch still having change yet leh.....

You check if it is the color blurring or it is something like abrasion.......

• SRC Member

i think it diet will in fact cos the angel to mature quicker, but age could also be a factor, say ur angel was a starving one inthe ocean so it grew only a bit to 1 inch. then go to ur tank that time is maturing period, so it matured. then those fatter angels eat a lot in ocean, but stil damn young, so havent mature lor.

Hemm, may be you never seen the truly adult KORAN angel, i agree with you that juvenile and sub adult color is not good and looks ugly, but completed adult will even match maculosus or even french angel in color and gently movement. Only the bad point is to get fully growth Koran from juvenile to adult is very difficult, as fully adult color Koran is very big and that mean you need very big tank. Here is a completed color of Koran angel.

post-54-1087447658.jpg

This is the pic. Is this normal?

Suggest you give it a more varied diet compared to brine shrimp (not much nutritional value unless you enrich it with selcon, etc). It looks like it has the chance to undergo HLLS.

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

Vincent,

No a single white spot on body. It performs very steady, eat well also.

It looks like the body is losing colour due to constant rubbing, juz beware and look out for ich.... normally it starts when the fish gets itchy and starts rubbing... :)

Juz my 2 cts...

Vincent Ho

People do not plan to fail; Often they just fail to plan...

Wat I do to prevent myself from tearing my hair out... My stress remedy...

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• SRC Member

It looks like the body is losing colour due to constant rubbing, juz beware and look out for ich.... normally it starts when the fish gets itchy and starts rubbing... :)

Juz my 2 cts...

Vincent Ho

Will keep monitoring this few days.