coralline algae

finally my diatom and cyano stage are finally over and my coralline (purple algae ) are growing and spreading well with my constant dose of KALK (reefz)...

but it is like growing a bit too fast ... even my main tank front surface have bit and pieces of them ... it is nice but them a bit unsightly with it at the front panal.... how to control them by not spreading to the panal but just the rock ...not have to scrape them not and then ...

consider it a blessing or nuisance haha??

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

• SRC Member

bro how do u make ur coralline algae bloom so much?????????

i am trying hard to make the coralline growing but till now no respond yet..........

how often u drip ur kalk?

how much u dose???

• SRC Member

juz dose kalk as subsitute to water topup....

you will find coralline growing like nobody's business....

or at least thats is what is happening in my tank....

*translated from Hokkien*

"If say no bang wall, this idiot will never ripen" - Mr Quah Siew Kow.

• SRC Member

trying hard to drip kalk leh.............

but still nothing yet l...................

or i prepared the kalk solution wrongly???

i often mix 1 tsp of seachem kalk powder into a 1.5l coke bottle and let it mix properly then will drip in the clear portion liquid

am i doing right????????

• SRC Member
trying hard to drip kalk leh.............

but still nothing yet l...................

or i prepared the kalk solution wrongly???

i often mix 1 tsp of seachem kalk powder into a 1.5l coke bottle and let it mix properly then will drip in the clear portion liquid

am i doing right????????

your tank not matured yet. give it more times, like another 3-4 weeks.

• SRC Member

hermit,

I think it is either your tank is not mature yet, or the calcium level is not high enough. I use kalkreactor to do auto top-up and I realize the calcium is always stay at 400mg/l.

I'm still going through diatom phase, but I can start to see coraline algae slowly taking over.

er , just dose KALK as the normal water top off loh ... that what i do ... didnt really do much leh ... er lighting a problem ?? oh ya , it only bloom that much after 6 month into the hobby like that

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

• SRC Member
finally my diatom and cyano stage are finally over and my coralline (purple algae ) are growing and spreading well with my constant dose of KALK (reefz)...

but it is like growing a bit too fast ... even my main tank front surface have bit and pieces of them ... it is nice but them a bit unsightly with it at the front panal.... how to control them by not spreading to the panal but just the rock ...not have to scrape them not and then ...

Coralline Algae are good as they prevent nuisance algae from growing on areas that were already covered by Coralline Algae, i also prefer the pink and purple to the Black, brown (color of nuisance algae) in the tank.... :idea:

• SRC Member
bro how do u make ur coralline algae bloom so much?????????

i am trying hard to make the coralline growing but till now no respond yet..........

how often u drip ur kalk?

how much u dose???

Maybe you need to kick start faster with LR with coralline algae. Scratch the coralline algae LR in the water so that the residue can spread around your tank. It should spread fast this way.

Do you see your LRs with coralline algae?

Tank 4x2x2.5

• SRC Member

You can try to clean your glass surface regularly with those magnet cleaner to prevent it from growing.

That's what I did. So now only those unclean surface and LR with coralline algae.

Tank 4x2x2.5