Mobile Speed Camera / Volvo Sightings / Spot check

harmony

• SRC Member

Tot I share this.. ;)

Nope...I didn't compiled this...got it from one of those emails circulating around..

Mobile Speed Camera

1) Tanjong Katong Flyover

2) Telok Blangah Viaduct. Flyover over telok Blangah road along world trade centre.(near carribean condo)

3) Upper Changi Road, at a secluded lobang opp Singapore Expo. Blue Police van with camera taking through van's side window

4) Hougang Ave 3 towards Ang Mo kio, below the flyover

5) Upper serangoon road, opposite Serangoon Sec Sch, towards Sengkang

6) TPE just after Tampines Ave 10 exit (under the bridge)

7) Jalan Boon Lay towards AYE (Near Chartered Industries of Singapore, Jurong Point)

8) Lentor Ave

9) Clementi Ave 6

10) Old upper Thomson road, going towards Lornie Road/Toa Payoh/Braddell direction

11) Bartley Road/Braddell road (opp old outram instiute) before underpass

12) Pasir Panjang Road (between the wholesale market & PSA Gate 5)

13) Gambas Avenue towards Woodlands

14) Mandai road

15) Tampines Road adjacent to Paya Lebar airbase

16) SLE joining CTE (under the bridge)

17) TPE Sengkang exit (under the bridge)

18) KJE (Along road shoulder, near new military camp)

19) KJE Choa Chu Kang exit. (under the bridge)

20) SLE towards Woodlands Ave 2 (under the bridge or after bends)

BMW/Volvo Sightings

1) East Coast F1 car park aka Last carpark

2) TPE leading to Sengkang/Punggol also hot areas.

3) AMK ave 5 leading to Sengkang.

4) AYE (Jln Ahmad Ibrahim near to Jurong Bird Park)

5) SLE near YCK

Spot Checks / Roadblocks

1) Fort Road exit

2) Loyang road

3) Yishun Dam

4) Robertson Quay towards Havelock Road (Near Liquid room)

5) TPE (SLE direction) Hougang exit, at the HUGE bend (sat nights usually)Speed Camera -

6) Bedok reservoir Exit from PIE

7) Bedok Reservoir Rd(near SAFRA)

8) Before CTE from MS

9) PIE exit to Science Centre.

10)Lorine Road exit towards Bishan

11)St.Nicholas Sec School outside the gate(The Downslope leading all the way to bishan park)

12)ECP Marine Parade Exit

13)Bt Panjang Ring road (almost once a week)

14)PIE exit to Science Centre.

• SRC Member

I live very near to mobile speed camera location 4. Very near as just 1-2 mins walking distance to there. I was told that's under YCK bridge and so far I have not seem yet.

Same go to Road Block location 5. Encounter only once ( Early morning Sunday around 2:00 AM ) however so far no speed camera.

If TP put up speed camera than sure kanna almost 90% of motorist than.

Life is like a peice of Uncured Live Rock [ from LFS ], you never know what you gonna get.........

Ocean Gump

Was driving at Lentor Ave on Sunday towards Yishun.

Saw a black police van on the side of the road with the rear door open facing incoming traffic.

Two policemen were manning a 'video' camera of some sort? It was quite big....

• SRC Member

They love to shoot near SLE Mandai Exit heading towards Woodlands Ave 2. Mobile speed trap mounted on the BMWs. Always hide in a blind spot there and you are done before you even know it. Nowadays, i always relax my peddle along CTE to SLE... hot spot for these traps man...

• SRC Member
They love to shoot near SLE Mandai Exit heading towards Woodlands Ave 2. Mobile speed trap mounted on the BMWs. Always hide in a blind spot there and you are done before you even know it. Nowadays, i always relax my peddle along CTE to SLE... hot spot for these traps man...

I have seem 2 time @ YCK entry to SLE ( CTE TO SLE ), black police van parked at road side and camera is mounted open and clearly. It's blind spot.

So people driving toward SLE from CTE have to watch out if they are speeding.

Me will speed in other countries but not in SG, not worth it and it's our home :) Kiasu

Life is like a peice of Uncured Live Rock [ from LFS ], you never know what you gonna get.........

Ocean Gump

• SRC Member

New location to add.

SLE exit to Woodlands Ave 12. BMW with mounted speed trap. Speed limit of that road is 70.

This is a damn straight road (best for speeding) :lol::lol: and getting tickets :lol::lol:

My dad got one ticket there.

Also to add.

Beware of 1 policeman (in uniform)standing near the road side.

Reasons

1. Police officer don't work alone. There must be another one nearby with the speed gun.

2. Beware of Blue uniform pple aka police officer stand without moving on overhead bridge, speed gun.

dogdogsrd20060608_18_Elric%20is%20.png

bunbunsdb20071225_-8_Elroi%20is.png

webster1973%20player%20555.png

• SRC Member

issit me or are the TP really cracking down on speeding nowadays? seems like they are everywhere now...few months back, i just kena 16 points and $350 within the space of 20mins. To and fro both times kena caught... <_< was driving past AYE near Buona Vista exit today and saw police van there changing film for the camera, at least now i know that is a real maccoy... :lol:

TP always had speed-cams mounted on bikes. those bikes tend to go for bigger vehicles like lorries and pick ups. this is due to the larger blind spot area from those vehicles, hence easier for the motorbikes to register the plates without getting any attention.

• SRC Member

Along I though TP mostly will chease those truck and van speeding. Because they were supposed to travel at most 60Km/h and driving (some lar) above 100 on HW. so they are travelling almost speed of their vechile limit.

For passenger car, i truely believe below 100 would be safe on HW and 70 on normal road.

So far I follow this rule and no ticket but ticket collector in other side of SG.

Ocean Gump

• SRC Member

Kena 8 points Dairy Farm Rd heading to BKE - stupid place big road (2 or 3 lanes on both sides!) but still speed limit apparently was 50 kmh! Think I was going at about 80-90...highway speed mah....@#%$#%^!

• SRC Member

How can any driver be expected to remember the long list of speed trap hot spots?

The speeding driver will lose concentration on driving because he/she will have to be concern with looking out for speed cameras and TP.

Therefore, speed cameras and TP are road hazard contributing to accidents.

Also, TP annoy me to no end! They absolutely serve no function at all.

• There are still lorries and vans in the middle lane.
  • There are still road hoggers.
  • There are still noisy modded cars running around.
  • There is no one at the traffic lights when the lights are down or power failure.
  • There are still dangerous street racing.
  • There are still drunk and violent drivers at night.
They only serve to irritate drivers who cross the speed limit during normal driving. I think they should be gotten rid of.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

• SRC Member

Got a speeding ticket on the actual day of my birthday last month & the monkey simply refuse to give chance. 118 km/h (90km/h limit), 6 points. That took place along PIE near to corporation rd towards city <_<

Along Farrer road from Tanglin Halt towards PIE @ 2-3pm, saw 3-4 monkeys climbing onto the divider (very high divider) manning a camera at the underpass.

Imagine at this hours when there is no traffic on a 3-lane road, how to drive @ 60km.

Is it very diff to spot them. If you travelled towards PIE, by the time you descend, it's too late to slow down as they already spotted you.

If you travelled towards tanglin Halt, worst! as you can't see them at all and they have a good shot at your rear.

:cry:

Today, there was a ROV (like the TP) infront of me turning right. Instead of taking the right filter lane, he took the right lane that goes straight and stop at the junction. So I HONKED him out of my way (it's my right of way) and show my displeasure. :D

• SRC Member
How can any driver be expected to remember the long list of speed trap hot spots?

The speeding driver will lose concentration on driving because he/she will have to be concern with looking out for speed cameras and TP.

Therefore, speed cameras and TP are road hazard contributing to accidents.

Also, TP annoy me to no end! They absolutely serve no function at all.

• There are still lorries and vans in the middle lane.
  • There are still road hoggers.
  • There are still noisy modded cars running around.
  • There is no one at the traffic lights when the lights are down or power failure.
  • There are still dangerous street racing.
  • There are still drunk and violent drivers at night.
They only serve to irritate drivers who cross the speed limit during normal driving. I think they should be gotten rid of.

Totally agree,

To add on more

1. There are people driving 80-90km/hr on right most lane of expressway while 2nd lane is totaly empty all the way you could see. If you happened to take over from left, they will stare you like "R u heading to hell".

2. Too many taxi drivers who doesn't know what the lane change singnal for. If you happen to honk than you might get middle figure or 5-10 sec of head bean light ( at night )

3. Especially in North / East , there are so many cyclist who think thenself king of the road.

I got shock of my life when I was turnning right from HG Ave 2 to Tampines at night around 10, there was a cyclist out of sudden on my left side and trying to take middle lane ( faster than my 2.4L car ). There wasn't enough light and the person was wearing like blue. I'd to stop at the traffic light to cool off. What shock me more, it'a WOMAN.

Ocean Gump