catching fishes

borinz

• SRC Member

A lot of copperband!

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

• SRC Member

how to fill ur tank with copperbands?

1)get a really big net

2)drive ur way to raffles yatch club

3)convince the guard to let u in or buy a boat to get in.

4)go to the jetty

5)throw ur net

6)retrive ur net

7)wow at the size of ur catch

u prob can get 30 to 40 copperbands on a single visit,if the season is right,u can get lots of juv. golden trevelly too...

• SRC Member
how to fill ur tank with copperbands?

1)get a really big net

2)drive ur way to raffles yatch club

3)convince the guard to let u in or buy a boat to get in.

4)go to the jetty

5)throw ur net

6)retrive ur net

7)wow at the size of ur catch

u prob can get 30 to 40 copperbands on a single visit,if the season is right,u can get lots of juv. golden trevelly too...

wow!!!

bring me!!! :P

i know pulau ubin have too...

there also can get sea horses...

but some place inside ubin lah...

i go there by boat... ;)

• SRC Member

It's ok to catch 1 or 2 for fun but don't go and clear up everything from the sea. Leave them alone. Anyway, copperband only cost a few dollars, even less then petrol or bus fare to these far away places. :)

I think (marine) therefore I am

if it is not restricted, the best place (IMO) in S'pore to catch fishes & get corals r near Pawai.....I'm a ex boatman c u.

B4 u hit the island during low tides, there's a piece of reef with a valley in the middle where small boats can drive thru'. U can actually walk or snorkel there. I was amazed when i 1st saw it 10years ago. However, it is a resticted zone so u can't go there to fish. Also at Raffles lighthouse, u can find clams near it's waterbreaker.....also restricted lah...so no point telling more........

• SRC Member
if it is not restricted, the best place (IMO) in S'pore to catch fishes & get corals r near Pawai.....I'm a ex boatman c u.

35 SCE Bt Coy?

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

• SRC Member

hm... i notice tat.... there is quite alot of corals available @ labardor park... the jetty there... wait for low tide... then wow!!! dou the water is dirty... i spotted... cup coral very nice de... and big tooo... and there was this HUGE chrismaz coral.... too bad... it @ least weight 70 kg if not i carry it home...haha... got sea fans also... those really nice de... hm... perhaps divers should go there.... haha!!! but sure cannot see a thing...

ehe... :D:P:P

• SRC Member
hm... i notice tat.... there is quite alot of corals available @ labardor park... the jetty there... wait for low tide... then wow!!! dou the water is dirty... i spotted... cup coral very nice de... and big tooo... and there was this HUGE chrismaz coral.... too bad... it @ least weight 70 kg if not i carry it home...haha... got sea fans also... those really nice de... hm... perhaps divers should go there.... haha!!! but sure cannot see a thing...

ehe... :D  :P  :P

Labrador Park is a nature reserve, so please do not remove corals or any rocks from there. I know u are only joking, but some guys may take it seriously... :huh:

Apart from destroying other peoples' enjoyment of the place, u willl end up giving all reefers a bad name.... <_<

• SRC Member

protected and they keep on reclaming land? hm.... werid... and that beach is such a small one :erm: ... and its dirty.... eW...... :sick:

haiz.... haha... but i saw alot of schools go there pick creatures leh... Hm.... wiErdd....

really... during holidays alot of school organize ...

i when fishing afew times and see different groups of people there always...

• SRC Member

I don't think they are reclaiming the protected area. Btw, protected in this case does not mean you can't explore or go into that area. It simply means "NO POACHING". If you see anyone poaching, please report them, 1-800-4685736. :D

As for the dirty part, we have to do our part by not littering or leave anything behind after picnic or fishing or whatever! ;)

so where is this Pawai place? anyone have a nice place to catch fishes? want to try keeping a few of those self caught ones...

It's one of the Sinapore's southern islands that is closer to Indonesian waters. Occasionally, i do bumped into Indonesia small fishing boat.

• SRC Member
yup. u from there too?

Ja!

We call Pulau Pawai; 'Teletubby land'. There are anemone and clownfish there too.

post-36-1093875548.jpg