Hydor BIOFLO Rotating Deflector

ZeRoC00l

• SRC Member

lg_17025_24410P.jpg

This small, inexpensive deflector turns your existing powerhead into a wavemaker. Stimulates corals and mimics natural ocean conditions. Geared unit produces alternating current without added energy costs - it's powered by the output water pressure. Included adapters fit most outlets. 2-1/4" dia x 3".

Anyone seens these guys ard??? ;)

• SRC Member

it has a fan rotor inside that rotyates when the powerhead pushes water thru it thus spreadig the output in all directions. Tunze streams using the same technology. If the above is cheap and functional then I'll buy man... looks very interesting

Live and Let Live

• SRC Member

Oh then it's not the same as the tunze lah... tunze uses the fan blades to push the water, this one uses the water to push the fan blades... not the same....

Furthermore if you merely wanted a more diffused flow, just saw off the output tube of your maxijet... I think someone here has done it with good results, as have many other people in RC...

I have one. Was given one by the Hydor dude at Aquarama for review.

Tried it and can give it a thumbs up.

It does turn around well, deviating waterflow... its definitely much better as an add-on to an ordinary powerhead vs the brand of powerhead that swivels left and right (forgot the brand name) that is prone to jamming.

Its so light that I can blow through the intake and the whole thing can swivel 360 degrees with little resistence, very nice gear system inside too... easy to break it apart for cleaning.

Good for those with powerheads and have no corals in direct flow.

The only problem with this is that you can't use it on a powerhead that is too near the water surface as the angle of the re-directed jet (when it swivels around, pointing 'upwards')can cause a 'bulge of current' under the water surface and cause splashing.

I have used it in a vertical orientation and it functions just as well... perhaps even better in a typical horizontal position as the water points downwards in a 90 degree cone, enabling water current to reach the sandbed.

• SRC Member

Don't know but I saw my LFS have a wide range of it on the shelf.

Went tpo ask them already. Said they ordered but do not know when it will come... so don't go ona wasted trip. Good thing I live only 15 mintues from that place.

• SRC Member
the KS aquarium confirm have?...can anyone confirm?...if yes then will make a trip down to get it....:D

yeah...got address?

KS have wide range of hydro products but I can't confirm, do they have the reflector or not.

dogdogsrd20060608_18_Elric%20is%20.png

bunbunsdb20071225_-8_Elroi%20is.png

webster1973%20player%20555.png

• SRC Member

Went tpo ask them already. Said they ordered but do not know when it will come... so don't go ona wasted trip. Good thing I live only 15 mintues from that place.

Wah bro...so near your place ar?...so if it arrives can keep us posted? :D