Save the Red grouper & lion fish

Eric

• SRC Member

Save a nice greedy 3" red grouper & a beautiful 2.5" lion fish by getting it out of my 3ft reef tank without toppling my corals.

Have tried my inverted coke bottle method but the grouper is too smart to take the bait.

You are welcome to bring along ur personal fish trap to try ur luck.......I can supply you with live shrimps which both the grouper and lion loves.

If noone is able to get them out, my last resort is either to fish them out with a hook or starve them to death.

Eric

post-15-1090469705.jpg

• SRC Member
fish it up n release it into the sea or pass to fellow reefers, i dun think it will die due to fishing........tats CATCH N RELEASE :lol:

If no reefer wans to try their luck, will DIY the below fish trap & see if it works......

post-15-1090478342.jpg

• SRC Member
wow...

surprise to see that you can catch a lionfish in punggol!

anyway good luck in your trap

:)

These fishes are bought at $25 for the red grouper and $8 for the Lion, not catch in Punggol...........wat I mean was to invite you to my place to catch the fishes.........anyway tomorrow I'm going to buy a beta box from reborn as suggest by rav-65 to try my luck on the fishes.

Eric

• SRC Member

Cut the bottle just above the line that joins the straight part of the bottle. Invert the funnel into the body of the bottle. Please food inside the bottle and then wait.....

I found that this method only works with the active and the curious fish as the others will just hide away. Also, you might need to remove the red/white/blue band (depending on what drinks you are using) at the top part bottle.....fishes doesn't seems to like to swim through hoop....finally, skipping a meal or 2 for them might help...

• SRC Member
Cut the bottle just above the line that joins the straight part of the bottle. Invert the funnel into the body of the bottle. Please food inside the bottle and then wait.....

I found that this method only works with the active and the curious fish as the others will just hide away. Also, you might need to remove the red/white/blue band (depending on what drinks you are using) at the top part bottle.....fishes doesn't seems to like to swim through hoop....finally, skipping a meal or 2 for them might help...

Hehe, caught the grouper and lion using the beta box liao........anyone wans the fishes?

Eric

post-15-1090568544.jpg

• SRC Member
Thanx bro neokn & tineng...will try it out ;)

bro Eric,can borrow the beta box if the bottle method fails... :P:)

Ya no problem can lend you but you got to return me within 3 days.......why not get one for urself, you can use it for quarantine or training new fishes to feed on frozen food also......its just $15 from petmart serangoon.

There's no trick........just put tie a fishing line to the front gate of the beta box, put it inside ur tank, put in some food, frozen prawn inside the box and put the fishing line to lift the gate. Wait for the fish to enter and snap, drop the gate and take a photo of the prisoner..........hehehe

Eric

post-15-1090584239.jpg

• 2 weeks later...