Joe_p's Tank

• SRC Member

The tank is lit by two 250W Ushio/BLV 10000K :)

post-22-1061405114.jpg

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

• SRC Member

And a Saki Special :nuke: for all of you Iwasaki 6500K fans out there! :ph34r:

post-22-1061405309.jpg

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

• SRC Member

And a Radium Special :nuke: for Blue bulb fans out there. :fear:

post-22-1061405575.jpg

post-36-1093875548.jpg

• SRC Member

Joe,

You got all 3 (Ushio, Iwasaki, Radium) bulbs in one housing or you have to change everytime?

I'm keen to house 2xushio and 2xradium in one housing? Is that possible? How can we achieve it? Can someone design a reflector that can do this?

Regards

HI Joe, what's your daily routine to maintain dkh & calcium. My reef is less dense than yours and I've already have trouble maintaining my calcium & dkh without supplement. Running on 1400litre rated Calcium Reactor + 1000 litre Kalk stirrer still not enough :cry: Presently adding supplement for calcium daily and buffer every other 3 days to maintain parameters @ 11dkh and Calcium @ 400pm. BTW how's your growth? Maybe you can share your parameters and compare notes.

:upsidedown:

Durian

• SRC Member

hijack!

yazid: i do have a prototype reflector (essentially spider mod) which can house 2 single ended bulb! they are placed side by side with an extra kink on the top. imagine a normal spider reflector with the extra top kink for each bulb! the reflector is also large!

• SRC Supporter
HI Joe, what's your daily routine to maintain dkh & calcium. My reef is less dense than yours and I've already have trouble maintaining my calcium & dkh without supplement. Running on 1400litre rated Calcium Reactor + 1000 litre Kalk stirrer still not enough  :cry:  Presently adding supplement for calcium daily and buffer every other 3 days to maintain parameters @ 11dkh and Calcium @ 400pm. BTW how's your growth? Maybe you can share your parameters and compare notes.

:upsidedown:

Durian

I have the same problem in maintaining my alk and calcium levels.....

My current DIYed Reactor can't keep up with my reef's calcium intake and that's why I dose Kalk extensively..... mixed with vinegar....

You should see the amount of vinegar i pump in per dosing.... sometimes nearly half bottle full.....!!!

My current alk status is 10-11 dKH and Calcium levels register 400 - 420 ppm...

pH registers at 8.3 during photo period....

My acros do show pretty good growth but now that I have downgraded my MHs to 250Ws, might need some time to see how they fare with their new growth rates...

BTW, if you notice in the first picture that the centre aread of my reef looks pretty dark and that is due to the absence of a centre bulb.... Still considering the addition of either a 250 or 400 W bulb Ushio 10kk....

Durian, do post up some pics of your reef for us to see...... :)

Thanks Joe.

:blink: I'm not the only one with the problem :cry: Vinegar will cause SPS extensive poly extension...if U can take some macro-photo....it will be very nice to see the hairy poly :yeah: Most of the liquid food are mixture of freeze dried plankton + vinegar anway.

Most Calcium reactor can't do the job, unless you got a reactor that's sized 5X or more for a densely packed tank. That's being true, as U can observe most hardcore/seasoned SPS reefers at RC dose 2 part additives daily to keep up, even with their huge DIY or PM type reactor - BTW they are buying 2-part direct from vendor like ESV in 10 gallon bracket. -> where can we can this type of supply?? Anyway pricing of additives in S'pore is :( way too expensive :(

Will try to post some picture this weekend. Great reef....juz imagine your tank in a years' time with SPS branching all over :shock::shock::shock:

:yeah::yeah:

• SRC Supporter
Joe,

You got all 3 (Ushio, Iwasaki, Radium) bulbs in one housing or you have to change everytime?

I'm keen to house 2xushio and 2xradium in one housing? Is that possible? How can we achieve it? Can someone design a reflector that can do this?

Regards

Whatever happened to the blue FLS you use to supplment your Ushios???

Ain't good enough???? :shock:

• SRC Member
3v|L,Aug 21 2003, 04:05 PM] hey phang, may i ask why are those frags dangling on top?

They are offerings to the Reef God. :D

post-36-1093875548.jpg

nice reef!!! but looks a little congested. the corals might not have space to grow or shadow other sps...prob need more frequent fragging...can always look for me if u wanna give away the frags. heh..but can't imagine if all goes well...1-2 years down and your tank will be awesome... all the best man!!! oh, i was at Pr that fateful sat night too...try to get hold of a pic and post the humilis and turquiose acro that i got...any idea if they still have the pink birdnest??? feel like getting it!!! any idea also what time does PR open? feel like dropping by but the last time i went on monday at12...they were still closed..wasted trip

"Save a reef, grow your own"