What you guys use to frag (kind of glue)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

I am using deltec epoxy, the milky substance selectively killed my clown fish (only two in my tank and its dead). My 6line wrasse, Tangs, goby are ok.Suncoral, bubbles torches jewel and rest of coral not affected. Anyone has similar experince.

I am using deltec epoxy, the milky substance selectively killed my clown fish (only two in my tank and its dead). My 6line wrasse, Tangs, goby are ok.Suncoral, bubbles torches jewel and rest of coral not affected. Anyone has similar experince.

you sure its the cause of the Expoxy?? :(

• SRC Member

i used the epoxy a few times....its very cloudy and do not try to adjust the knead while underwater in your tank for too long if u dont want ur tank 2 look white. plus, your skimmer will konk out for a while. mine rested for a day.....hehe.....

still i find its pretty weak, as for large pieces must wait first! i think i will try the ones that set faster...... other i have to wait for damn long.

Get Paid To Read Emails. Free To Join Now!

http://www.emailcashpro.com/?r=okdk11

i used the epoxy a few times....its very cloudy and do not try to adjust the knead while underwater in your tank for too long if u dont want ur tank 2 look white. plus, your skimmer will konk out for a while. mine rested for a day.....hehe.....

still i find its pretty weak, as for large pieces must wait first! i think i will try the ones that set faster...... other i have to wait for damn long.

so,u mean its not strong enough? :)

I used 3M super glue gel under water.

You have to clean the two surface else the gel won't stick too. Use a screw driver to scrap the surface of the LR slightly.

Once your apply it onto the frag and you put it into the water a layer will be formed.

Next you take the frag out of the water again poke and break the layer and apply more gel.

Then position and press the frag onto the LR, twist it a little and hold it there for a min.

After that apply an additional layer of epoxy around it. This method works very well for me even with colony that is stick to the side of the rock works.