Kalkwasser reactor

CalciumReef

• SRC Member
Finally completed this simple kalkreactor.. :)

This looks exactly like the Le Kalk.

Calciumreef you are really a slimeball. <_< How many of my items are you going to duplicate?

I was already gentleman enough to call you up to ask you toclarify about the tubby duplication issue about 2 months ago and you apologised and said you won't do it anymore. For those who do not know what is going on let me explain what this slimeball did.

Tubby and Le Kalk are not my original creations, in fact auto top ups have been in the market for a long time. But this slimeball bought a TUBBY unit from me, reversed engineered it and duplicated it and even had the cheek to stick his own sticker on it.

And to add to it, he even pmed my customers in my own sponsored section to try to sell his duplicated tubby and le kalk in MY sponsor section. I only learnt of it when his customers pmed me to ask me how to solve certain problems. This is ridiculous!!! Talk about being totally unthinking. One of my friends posed as a potential customer in my sponsor section and immediately got a pm from this slimeball. And even got photos of his so called creations.

And only last week I found out from Gerald the tank maker whom I had supplied before my tubby that this slimeball approached him to sell 12 TUBBY imitations saying that he was my partner and we were working together and its the same thing. You are one freaking dispicable creature.

When I talked to you on the phone 2 months ago, I told you I'd let the matter pass and that I prefer to make friends than enemies. And that its certainly no point to lower your character to such sewer depths just for the sake of a few dollars. You even had the cheek to agree and I thought we could still be friends and I was willing to forget the matter.

You are very lucky I do not take this issue seriously as a business and that I am only doing this as a sideline. For otherwise what you have done is downright plagarism and theft. I would sue you to your pants.

I hope you are happy with the little money you make from all this because end of the day, you have revealed yourself to be just a smiling untrustworthy snake.

I have told you before that its not worth it to damage one's reputation just for a few dollars unless its millions. This is afterall just a hobby but you will never know one day who you have dealings with in life for bigger things and having a good reputation and being trustworthy is much more important than this small money. I for one will never trust you nor anything you say because I know you cannot be trusted.

Gerald has also complained to me that your imitation tubby creations are giving him alot of problems and that he will not be taking from you anymore.

If you were really sincere about showing people how to DIY things, when weiloong asked you would have explained. But its obvious you are just trying to make money here. Your methods kill the spirit of DIY and less and less DIY wannabes will want to improve on their designs to provide for fellow reefers because they know it will simply be just copied by people like you.

I am fine with people doing DIYs for themselves or even to sell to others because thats how I started too. But as far as possible, try to be original and at least improve existing products would be good too. But downright reverse engineering and copying to make money is dirt. Below is his reversed engineered copy from a TUBBY he bought from me. He even stole reefcentral's photo to use as his own label. :angry:

post-9-1092200364.jpg

• SRC Member

I'm not selling any tubby clone at all as promised and whats wrong with making a kalkwasser reactor to use on my own tank? :angry: YOu are getting too sensitive..For all to know,I'm not making this for sale...whats wrong with sharing ideas?And does this look like your le kalk reactor?These pvc stuff are all available at hai cheong so is it a crime to buy?

How about this kalkreactor planetg sold in pasar malam?I think this idea was good and decided to make one similar one....whats wrong with that?

post-9-1092203128.jpg

• SRC Member

"If you were really sincere about showing people how to DIY things, when weiloong asked you would have explained. But its obvious you are just trying to make money here. Your methods kill the spirit of DIY and less and less DIY wannabes will want to improve on their designs to provide for fellow reefers because they know it will simply be just copied by people like you."

I sought help from my friend's workshop to help me fabricate some parts as i did not want to have the eheim hose to connect to the elbow...that is certainly impossible to diy without machines which i frankly said..if he pmed me i would have taught him....

I do not want to argue over this issue as this makes things more complicated... <_< Bottom Line----this kalkwasser reactor is for own usage.....

• SRC Member
I'm not selling any tubby clone at all as promised and whats wrong with making a kalkwasser reactor to use on my own tank? :angry: YOu are getting too sensitive..For all to know,I'm not making this for sale...whats wrong with sharing ideas?And does this look like your le kalk reactor?These pvc stuff are all available at hai cheong so is it a crime to buy?

How about this kalkreactor planetg sold in pasar malam?I think this idea was good and decided to make one similar one....whats wrong with that?

Not selling tubby clone? Then thats strange cos a few reefers must have been lying to me. Such as Hammanbmw, Gerald, lightningstrike, weileong, maxima, woonming and many more. And all these were after my phone conversation with you a month ago.

The reason planetg's design is so similar is cos we worked together on it. And he is my personal friend together with Alvy. DUH!

When planetg sold his reactor he even told me as he did not want people to think he was doing it for sale. Reason was he wanted a bigger design thats why he sold it. So I helped him to build it.

Like I said theres nothing wrong with doing a DIY for oneself. And you are right I am sensitive but its only applicable to the person who bought from me and duplicated to sell. I don't think thats called sensitive....thats called *expletive* PISSED OFF! You of all people after I already had a nice talk to settle amicably and forget this whole issue had to show off your kalkreactor design here which you built for youself but posted in a DIY section but did not want to share how it was done?

I would never have said anything if it were anyone else who posted their DIY kalkreactor but you had to rub salt on a fresh wound. You should have been more thinking instead of just thinking of $$$. Don't make yourself sound so innocent. Many people here are aware of what I mean. Ervine also showed his kalkreactor which he DIYed. Did I curse or condemn him? On the contrary, I even shared some ideas with him.

Fellow DIYers are not my business competitors, they are my friends. But you are different, you are not sincere in your words and I've realised you are a snake. Alvy had already warned me about you and he is absolutely right! DIYers here such as Ian, Dr Evil, Ervine, Tyrobin, Weisoon, etc are all good friends of mine. They also make their own TUBBY, kalkreactors etc but you don't see me cursing or condemning them. Instead we share plans and ideas. Thats called friendship and sincerity. Scheming, backstabbing, underhand tactics are totally unnecessary as if you have respect for another hobbyist friend, you would be more thinking in your actions.

I am PISSED OFF not because of any loss of customers or money but because I am disgusted with your character and lies.

• SRC Member

whao....y was i involved?? hahahah...i agree with CM...not on the imitation part but the fact that copying pple's idea (or even duplicating them to sell) is totally unethical...

as for me, i always try to make some changes here and there...like my FR and becketts...that's y i came out with RobSKim...a little bit of changes here and there will help safeguard my own a$$...so tat i do not offend anyone...but the cruel thing tat i tend to do is to undercut...hehehehe...

well, lets not make this forum more confusing and political...y not all of us share our idea in DIY forum and make a nice family? i will be DIYing a KR too, but definitely not like wat both of u (or rather CM) had did...if not i rather choose not to post it here and create problems for myself and the sponsors...

DIY is fun but if money is involved, it will kill the joy....let the sponsors sell their products as they are...we DIY them if we are too cheapo but don't sell...that's the important thing...DUN SELL!!!

• SRC Member

This write-up is a detail description of whats Involved in the making those who pmed or intend to pm..

Firstly this kalk reactor is not the same as le kalk.Firstly its taller,reason being i have no intentions of fitting it into any cabinet,secondly it enables the pump to be located higher.When the powerhead is located lower, i realise that the unmixed kalk tends to be pushed up fairly high,ends up getting into the propellor of the pump.I very sure many guys experienced broken/noisy propellor problem but kept quiet about it.. <_< Therefore locating the pump higher enables "smooth" stirring.....Secondly,i rather have the pump in "midair" rather than on the floor as its not in a fixed position and the rubber hoses if used tend to bend due to the turning angle.... <_< Lastly,using unions make complete sense as this thing needs maintenance.It will be a hassle to remove the rubber hose everytime....not to mention contributing to leaks i shall not say :sick: Lastly,using the pvc pives and stuff are easier to make and easily bought at hai cheong plastics. This eliminates the need to make any flanges or grooves for O rings and etc..Just use 2 part epoxy or pvc glue which we normally use to glue our pipes to glue up the endcap and stuff....The holes were drilled using 25mm drill bit or what size i cant remember...basically its the same size as the pipe you are using to.I used a welding machine to weld the joints as i felt glue is not strong enough to withstand the weight of the pump...I do not recall seeing/hearing any welded joints on the le kalkreactor as per telephone conversation..The most difficult part to fabricate is the "threaded pipe" to connect to the elbow....wil take photos of this "threaded pipe" when i get home...So basically i bought the pipe,2 JS brand unions and 2 elbows,one used outside and the other inside...As for the cap of the the reactor,there lies two pneumatic thingy for airline which can be bought from teck siong huat located at jalan besar.....to fit it onto the cap you can either tap(best) the screw thread or drill a hole snuggly fitting and glue it.I think thats about all...As for the cost of this reactor i do not want to post. :sick:

*Tips,think twice before cutting or drilling as some materials are not cheap.

My 2 cents from my hardwork

Sufficient points were made by both parties.

In the spirit of DIY and innovation, I like to remind everyone the purpose of this sub forum. This forum is meant for sharing of projects and innovative ideas. It should be used for knowledge sharing and creation.

Kindly refrain from addressing issues pertaining to sales, commercial ethics or any misunderstanding of these nature over here.

The recent half a year, we have seen a lot of reefers going into DIY and I am sure the joy of accomplishment can only be truely felt by you when you have finished the project. :whistle

I can see a lot of guys here really enjoy this part of the hobby, so let's continue to share. ;)

We talked about all the positive things in the past... do also remember, it is us who are responsible for what the current state is like. And it is also us who can make this a better place. Many reefers are starting to contribute and value-add to this forum. This is what we need. Hope you guys can understand our stand.

(Any further issues, please pm each other to resolve it. Appreciate it) ;)

In the interest of all concerned, I must add my comments before I close this thread again.

As far as I am concerned, I must express my great disappointment that Calciumreef has done what he did recently. This is in total opposite of what he promised NOT to do again.

For some time, I am fully aware of his reverse-engineering, undercutting/potong-jalan activities with Cookiemunster's products, using his reputation and supposed 'working partnership' to promote his own cloned product range.

His cloned TUBBY unit is the exact duplicate, right down to the position of the buttons, the two float switches and even the DESIGN of the sticker.... oh.... that sticker looks awfully like the Reef Central logo... (maybe I should contact Susan and highlight to her that you stole her design? ;))

To cut it short, I was on the verge of banning him for his unethical activities, especially using the PM system to undercut an SRC advertiser but I did not.

I even proposed to a face-to-face meeting with him and cookiemunster to confront him with all the evidence we have mustered over a few months and wanted to expose his activities to all.

But Cookiemunster spoke privately to Calciumreef and then told me the matter has been settled and did not require my intervention.

There was also the issue of him stating that he was an official Artica chiller rep which saw Maxima and him having their tiff.

So the matter was put to rest but not before I warned Calciumreef about not repeating such unethical behaviour & activities. He promised me he won't be doing such things again.

Obviously, it was all fake.

We have further proof that he is still continuing to sell his products and even had even told retail shops/contractors recently that he is associated with Cookiemunster.

On a personal note, I really appreciate the attention he gave to the BACK of my tank esp all my equipment and ignoring the front for 90% of the time when he dropped in for a tank visit. Now I know why.

I have no choice but to decide with the mods and the advertisers what we have to do about Calciumreef since this sort of behaviour only serves to highlight that there are some people who are obviously here in SRC only to make money, and using even unethical ways to achieve this goal. How disappointing.

To the reefers who have been sweet-talked by him to support him in his 'little side-business', whether as the so-called 'Artica chiller' rep or TUBBY clone maker or supplying some DIY stuff.... beware.

BEWARE!