any fish poop eater?

• SRC Member

:blink:

then you'd need something that clear the poo of the thing that clear your fish poo <_<

Then you'd need something that clear the poo of the thing that clear the poo of the thing that clear your fish poo :o

See what I'm getting at?

Good filter and skimmer should be able to solve your problem.

Just me two cents

• SRC Member
my flow's too little?

ok...i use a powerhead independent of the filter system in the aquarium to circulate water around.

how much would be enough?

depending how big your tank....

if yr tank is the standard 2 feet kind....

er... i used the smallest eheim compact pump then....

or eden 214.... it depends how big your tank in the end... and how much flow u want....

*translated from Hokkien*

"If say no bang wall, this idiot will never ripen" - Mr Quah Siew Kow.

FYI,

Interestingly, my bristletooth tang eats other fish poop.

I'm keeping 5 chromis with 1 bristletooth.

Before the poop reaches the sand bed, it would be in the bristletooth's mouth.

Yucks!! :sick:

Even though I'm not feeding them twice a day.

No side effects and yet my bristletooth getting fatter. :lol:

• SRC Member

Glad to hear that some fish prefer alternative food choice but still doesn't really fix the problem unless the fish that eat other fish poo also eat its own poo, right?

To find out which powerhead (for circulation) is suitable for your tank, use the very handy conversion tool on this site to calculate your tank's volume. Then based on your tank's volume, buy a powerhead that is rated for your tank.

If you running an overflow system and a sump, can try to get a more powerful return pump to increase water turnover rate.

More water being pumped from sump into main tank also means more water overflow and go into your sump after passing through the filter column. So long as your water current can keep the detritus floating/suspended, there is high chance that they will drop into the overflow and filtered out.

Or if you super kia-su, can use both methods... Heh heh heh

• SRC Member

Yeah, current is everything. Brings oxygen and nutrients all over your tank, removes the waste matter/bad bacteria/parasites so they can be sucked out, filtered, zapped by UV or whatever.

Basically, stagnant water = dead ecosystem.

Be teachable always, nobody has a monopoly on wisdom. But learn to distinguish "fact" from "opinion".

• SRC Member

Basically good water circulation, a good amount of liverocks and a good sandbed will solve this problem for you. Once you have these elements in your tank, you may try adding scavangers in your tank like hermit crabs to eat up those uneaten food in your tank that lies on your sandbed. Then snails to control your algae level.

• SRC Member

Nassarius will help with uneaten food but the ultimate fish poop eaters will be bristle worms and peanut worms found in the sand bed.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif