Oregon Reef

• SRC Member

That's Steve Weast's tank. It's awesome... a truly dream tank! It's 6ft wide, 7.5ft deep (front to back) and 2.5ft tall.

The aquascaping is very well done too, very natural.

Great find and thanks for sharing Marineman. I stumbled upon it about a week ago, one of my favourite as well.

• SRC Member

You can actually view his tank in March 2002 issue of reef keeping...

http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2002-03/totm/index.htm

Also, if you have the book Ultimate reef tank, it is in there too..

Simply a dream tank... but I wonder how much a tank like this will cost in maintaining it in Singapore ...

• SRC Supporter
Simply a dream tank... but I wonder how much a tank like this will cost in maintaining it in Singapore ...

Well... 5800 watts of MH lightings, 2 x 1 3/4 HP chillers and 2 large return pumps ...... guess how much that's gonna cost here.... hehe...

And a reef this huge would most probably cause most reefers here to spend more time staring at the floor than the reef wonderin when it will start to give way.. :P

And you are absolutely right ... it's a dream tank.... something that most of us here would only see.... in our dreams... :lol::lol::lol::upsidedown:

• SRC Member
Also, if you have the book Ultimate reef tank, it is in there too..

Correction, book is entitled:

ULTIMATE MARINE AQUARIUMS

Saltwater Dream Systems & How They Are Created

Michael S. Paletta

By the way, his tank is not the biggest in the book...

There's a few others like:

David Saxby's 1500 gal tank, 1500 gal sump

It basically occupies the whole living room!

and lighted by 4x1000w, 2x400w

• SRC Member

there will always be bigger tank sizes but what caught my attention is how his equipment and connections look so neat. even those probes are specially placed along a pipe and not juz "dump" into the sump or fuge as what we normally do.

his worm incident is also very interesting. i wonder what do i have in my tank??? maybe tonite monitor it under moonlight (opps got to go buy one first) and see what comes out.