Founder And Admin's Tank

• SRC Member

Reef central's Oct tank of the month will sent our ricordea fanatics drooling. SPS guys also will drool. We lose hands-down not in terms of equipment or skill but that we cannot get such beautiful specimens in Singapore!

Give us those specimens and we'll probably outdo them. :D

I think (marine) therefore I am

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
Reef central's Oct tank of the month will sent our ricordea fanatics drooling. SPS guys also will drool. We lose hands-down not in terms of equipment or skill but that we cannot get such beautiful specimens in Singapore!

Give us those specimens and we'll probably outdo them. :D

True Blood Authentic Asian Man!!! :bow:

• SRC Member
AT, your reef looks really packed, really packed...

But dun worry , I can help....... :evil:

I'm sure you can. :angel:

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

• SRC Member

Pictures on the first page has been restored.

Ooi AT!

I think your pictures are too underexposed. You need a bit more light to capture the colour but not so much that it drowns out the contrast.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

Yeah... it's massively underexposed... coz the centre acro table is reflecting too much white light, you can't really see it once I bring up the contrast.

• SRC Member

Have you tried ISO100 F2.8 1/125? Unless you use filters, you can't get pictures that look like how our eyes perceive the actual tank. I guess you will just have to compromise for the sake of colours and let certain areas be overexposed. It also reveals a problem with lightingm indicating that the light is not that well dispersed over the tank with hotspots and dark areas.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

You have seen my lighting rail. All my current pix are shot only with the Radium/Ushio blue MHs on. The rail was pushed into the middle of the tank, so naturally, less light falls on the darker areas of near the front glass.

Guess the best photo will be possible when all four bulbs are on.. but the sakis at the back will be immensely bright... like your first pix taken by you in this thread... washed out... how to balance off?

• SRC Member

You must use a SLR with filters I suppose or electronically manipulate the picture.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

hmmm... here's a test shot... with flash... shot appears even more grainy.

Now my Chocolate Mimic Tang looks more like himself without the radium induced blue!

post-22-1065464614.jpg

Cool! This mode seems to bring out the colours... gonna take another full tank shot tomorrow! :)

Here's my extremely purple encrusting montipora.... :wub:

It's next to my birds nest coral that's finally turning pink after a few months.

post-22-1065469221.jpg

I am but a humble member of the Great Al Fragya Fundamentalist Cult!

May all who enter our fold be honoured to serve our Calcium Carbonate masters with all our body, heart, mind and soul!

Let us open our hearts and wallets and offer daily sacrifices of money and sodium bicarbonate, calcium chloride, calcium hydroxide as we gain our satisfaction from their growth, pleasure from colours and the waving of polyps!

May we sacrifice sleep, time and loved ones, yeah even our very food money, just to pursue the ultimate nirvana!

:D