150 Wattts For Sps

hello..just my 0.02....

I think there's sometimes over emphasis on the lighting requirement of sps that we forget that there are other aspects that are just as important.. i'm not trying to say that sps doesn't require strong lighting...but u dun need a sun over your tank for it to have nice colours and for it to survive...i've seen many tanks which has beautiful sps even though the lighting is just 150w...sometimes, it might also be some luck to retain colours... back to your question, i think it is very possible to keep sps with 150w in your 3 feet...just make sure they are high up and directly under the lights...with the other parameters being optimal.... i've seen people keeping them in such lighting and manage to retain those blue acros and even show remarkable growth.... all the best...

"Save a reef, grow your own"

• SRC Member

I use saki 2X 150W 20k for over 6 months. It is 10" above water. My Acros are 1" below water with high current (Tunze). My purple and green still has colour after 1 month. My monti and pink poci is place in middle of my 4X2X2 tank...ok

However, I think my lights cannot maintain other lighter colours like yellow or multicolour acros. Got one yellow/green staghorn (a bit like my avatar) from PR last week. So far solour still there...cross fingers :nc:

I think (marine) therefore I am

• SRC Member

:angel: oh i see, thanks

AND chris ,i take all suggestions frm experts extremely SERIOUSLY!

BTW in what am i not nice to boss,,,further more i really appreciate all his time and effort in answering my questions......plenty of endless questions frm me still waiting for him......! :bow:

Hi Coral_clams

I suggest you research on the subject of reefkeeping in the net as well as our local library.

In the net:

www.reefcentral.com - read the forums, articles and follow the links to other sites as well

www.reefs.org

In the National Library: www.nlb.gov.sg

look for books by:

Tullock - natural reef aquarium

Delbeek & Sprung - Reef Aquarium vols 1 & 2

go to kinokuniya

Borneman - Corals

If you do not have the interest to pursue knowledge by your own resource and endeavour you will never understand and gain the knowledge that you seek.....

• SRC Member
what wattage depends on what size of your tank.. why u asking us? . go buy a 54 watt 4 ft tube and put it on your 2ft look nice. like lightsabre

LOL!!! good one...

actually coral clams, all your questions can be answered easily, by yourself, if u just do a little bit of reading... :) robe's reply contains really good webbies for info.. y not go check them out.. ;)

The world is such a wicked place,war btween the human race. People work to earn their bread,while across the sea they're counting dead