madmac's Reef

madmac

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
The tank is still primary SPS, with some LPS, added around December.

Equipment is still the same:

Lighting :- T5s are now the Aquaz BluePro*2 and 1 Aquaz 10000k and 1 Aquaz 20000k. I love the Aquaz's BluePro. IMO, they're quite intense and go very well when mix with 10000ks. I wanna thank Aquaz for letting me have the tubes without cost. I'll be sure to keep the BluePros on my next purchase when it wears out.

Skimmer:- a small Weipro 2011, driven by a 1200 l/h Eheim, it skims wet. I've hooked up a top-up device to top up NSW, so what the skimmer skims out, the device will replace with SW.

Return pump:- Aquabee 2000, in line to chiller before return to tank.

Maintenance: Still dosing baked baking soda and calcium chloride.

The pics: front left side.

Only 4 tubes of T5 for these gorgeous SPS?

Good stuff there...

U planning to sell some frags?

There's one 250W BLV 10000k MH in the centre with two T5s infront and 2 behind.

No. No fragings for the moment. :)

Now it makes a bit more sense... even 4 x ATI T5 tubes can't achieve the level of success you are experiencing... IMHO :lol:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member
The tank is still primary SPS, with some LPS, added around December.

Equipment is still the same:

Lighting :- T5s are now the Aquaz BluePro*2 and 1 Aquaz 10000k and 1 Aquaz 20000k. I love the Aquaz's BluePro. IMO, they're quite intense and go very well when mix with 10000ks. I wanna thank Aquaz for letting me have the tubes without cost. I'll be sure to keep the BluePros on my next purchase when it wears out.

Skimmer:- a small Weipro 2011, driven by a 1200 l/h Eheim, it skims wet. I've hooked up a top-up device to top up NSW, so what the skimmer skims out, the device will replace with SW.

Return pump:- Aquabee 2000, in line to chiller before return to tank.

Maintenance: Still dosing baked baking soda and calcium chloride.

The pics: front left side.

Bro, u not using a CR for your tank??

How did u managed to maintain those coraline algae and huge demand of Ca by your SPS from dosing alone?

Can share abit more on your dosing and replenish schedule??

Main Tank: 5 x 1 x 1

Return from overflow: Eheim compact+ 5000

Lighting: 2x 54W T5

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1350

Chiller: Arctica 1/10

Wave Maker: Tunze Nano Wavebox & Tunze 6055 with Photocell
Monitor 1: American Marine Pinpoint pH monitor
Monitor 2: American Marine Pinpoint Temperature monitor

• SRC Member

You need to know how much you lose to consumption each day... and jus match it. Ca on its own is not a problem. If you lose 30 ppm and you start at 450, then after 2 days, it comes down to 390 and the third day its 360.. nothing (wrong) happens still.

Its the alk that you need to keep an eye on. If you lose 2.5 dkh/day, you can't keep doing nothing for very long. ;)

Schedule:

Ca is drip added every alternate days.

Alk is auto-dosed every morning.

Bro Madmac, what's ur KH consumption per day? I started dosing KH + Ca using a dosing pump today :) Hope to learn from experts like you :)

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

I lose 2.5 dKH each day. Every morning before dosing commences , tests have shown its at 7, the dosing bumps it to 9nish and it takes the whole day + nite to come down. The timer is set to come on at 5:30am.

Jervis, what dosing pump is that you're using? I've been looking for one that is something like thsi :

http://www.innovativeaquatics.com/

2 channel capability with timer built in. Mine is really boring

I lose 2.5 dKH each day. Every morning before dosing commences , tests have shown its at 7, the dosing bumps it to 9nish and it takes the whole day + nite to come down. The timer is set to come on at 5:30am.

Jervis, what dosing pump is that you're using? I've been looking for one that is something like thsi :

http://www.innovativeaquatics.com/

2 channel capability with timer built in. Mine is really boring

Wow!!! 2.5dKh daily??? I've adjusted mine to:

ml/day: 50ml (0.285ºkH for 700L)

Cycle/day: 4 (12.5ml / 6 hours apart)

Starting hour: 12:00

1000ml bottle can lasts: 20 days

Emm... will have to monitor my KH (and Ca) for the next few days... before letting it run by itself while I go enjoy White Christmas :lol:

Here's the Grotech TEC II NG I bought yesterday... its microprocessor can support up to 11 channels... considering another 4 more channels (extension) :)

http://www.grotech.de/ENGLISH/index.php?c=1&s=teciiing

• 2 months later...
  • SRC Member

Jus a bump to note some re-rockwork for tomorrow... finally found some time for it.... and a FTS to mark occasion.

Mar07_FTS.jpg

Ill be raising the back right-side... for more rock space.

Currently, I'm suffering from the nudies-attacking monties since my last photo taking session. There were clear marks left after the attacks, was only to slow to recognized them.

I haven't added much in the last 3 months... besides, a monti in Jan from TinEng and a 1 for 2 frag exchange with Shar... Thnx bro :). Aside from these, I couldn't resists buying a piece at a recent Iwarna shipment, 'bout 2-3 weeks ago. It was a reserved, then rejected, so got it on a rebound. :D

This is wat it looks like. The coral was a little bleech at first, but colouring up nicely now. Still early days, tho.

Grn_lavender_id.jpg

Wow the purple is lovely... now who would reject such a piece? :lol::lol::lol:

• SRC Member

Hey. Thank you everyone! . :P

I've decided to name that coral, jus for the fun of it, as the Manhunter acro, after Justice League superhero. see here :

Screen Capture Still from the Justice League Unlimited Television series. Should be fair use

Jervis, maybe its not so rare after all, but jus pretty. I'm sure the Thais have quite a couple of it, as do some others here... some don't like to show-off wat they have. ;)

post-34-1173663845.jpg

• SRC Member
you still have lots of space .....want me to bring some more SPS over later....:D :D

and even some more now.. Yehh, can finally do some acro hunting in next few weeks.

• SRC Member
Jus a bump to note some re-rockwork for tomorrow... finally found some time for it.... and a FTS to mark occasion.

Mar07_FTS.jpg

Ill be raising the back right-side... for more rock space.

Currently, I'm suffering from the nudies-attacking monties since my last photo taking session. There were clear marks left after the attacks, was only to slow to recognized them.

I haven't added much in the last 3 months... besides, a monti in Jan from TinEng and a 1 for 2 frag exchange with Shar... Thnx bro :). Aside from these, I couldn't resists buying a piece at a recent Iwarna shipment, 'bout 2-3 weeks ago. It was a reserved, then rejected, so got it on a rebound. :D

This is wat it looks like. The coral was a little bleech at first, but colouring up nicely now. Still early days, tho.

Grn_lavender_id.jpg

ur sunnies..... :bow:

• 2 months later...
  • SRC Member

Just documenting an accident. Sunday May 20th 2007 morning saw me meet with a careless accident. The drip end of the my alk tube was covered with a thick precipitation, which prevented the auto-doser from adding alk effectively. After I cleared it, I toggled on the "Ben" timer to dose more alk. Usually it comes on for only 15 mins a day... and I forgot about it, went to Mass, breakfast and marketing, and returned 5 hrs later...

the timer went on to dose all the 7 liters of newly made concentrated alk. into the tank. Tank was partially cloudy. SG = 1.0235. dhk > 38. The reservoir was suppose to last for 15 days. Corals look ok. Tunzes went buzzing crazy only yesterday.... lots and lots of work ahead.