How to feed Anemone?

• SRC Member

u can try feeding chopped market prawns or fish... best chopped finely and use a long eye dropper to feed it.... aim for the tenticles. Also can feed them with frozen brimp shrimps the same way...

post-54-1107833267.gif

"Ah, Blackadder. Started talking to yourself, I see."

"Yes...it's the only way I can be assured of intelligent conversation."

- Melchett and Edmund Blackadder

• SRC Member

drop a small piece of prawn, krill, squid on the tentacles and it'll bring it to its mouth to ingest.

My Beautiful ANGEL - Matsushima Nanako

Equipment List for 4x2x2 Tank & 3x1.5x1.5 Sump

Hagen 802 x 2, Tunze 6060, Arcadia T5 (54W x 8), Eheim 1260 (return) Eheim 1250 (Chiller), Aquabee 300 x 2 (Feed)

H&S 150-F2001 (850l Skimmer), H&S A110-F2000 (400l Skimmer), H&S 110-F1000 (1000l Sulphur/Nitrate Filter), H&S 150-F2000IA (800l Calcium Reactor)

Coralife 3X (UV Steriliser), I-Aquatic IF 312 (Fluidised Reactor), Kent Kalk Delivery, Resun CL650, Pinpoint ORP & PH Meters & Wireless Thermometer

4x2x2 Tank Thread

• SRC Member

U shld vary the foodstuffs to include squid, mysis shrimps, silversides, prawns etc.

Some reefers say that the more you feed these animals, the more they split, and the smaller they stay. If you want a large specimen, don't feed it so much, maybe once each week. If you want lots of smaller clones, feed the hell out of it.

Some reefers say that the more you feed these animals, the more they split, and the smaller they stay. If you want a large specimen, don't feed it so much, maybe once each week. If you want lots of smaller clones, feed the hell out of it.

you meant to say that they can divide themselves up and grow separately?

• SRC Member

Bubble tip Anemones are a medium light Anemones.

They do not require Metal Halide lighting, in fact they hide from such bright light until fully adjusted to it which could take weeks of acclimization. They will thrive under PL lighting very well if you have rockwork that they can climb up on to reach more light if they feel the need to.

If your BTA wanders around it is either unhappy with the water flow, or is looking for food. If it hides, it is trying to get away from bright light, or is new to your tank and is just acclimizing itself to your tank. Be patient and do not move your new Anemone. It will come out of hiding on its own.