danano

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• SRC Member

:yeah: Finally you are posting your tank pix huh? Been waiting for a long time bro.

Absolutely gorgeous piece of work. The T5s really bring out a different dimension in the SPS colouration. Testament to your dedication towards your reef. :bow:

Keep us posted with more pix ok? ;)

• SRC Member

Wow finally get to see your 4ft tank... Awesome!

Would be better if we can get some specs of your tank too...

What else can we say... Great Tank!!

• SRC Member

Here's a brief description of my setup...

Sitting in the corner of my living room, where my 30g used to sit, and 10g nano before that, is my 100gallon (48"Lx24"Wx22"H) tank w/ ultra-clear starphire glass viewing panels. 8x 54w ATI T5s provide ample illumination for my light loving corals and clams (T5s: 6 white & 2 blue, no actinics).

Biological filteration is provided by the 4" DSB plus over 60kg of quality LR. A 32" tall beckett skimmer powered by an MD55 and a fluidised reactor (w/ Rowa/Contraphos media) keeps the water crystal clear. I dose aminos, iodine and trace elements; and feed the fish twice a week with nori and marine flake. 100% DI water is used for top-up and water changes. A 1/3hp Daeil chiller keeps the temperature fairly constant, between 27.5-28.3C. A RM dual-chamber CR keeps the stony corals happy.

Eheim 1262 serves as the main return and 1260 the secondary thru the chiller. Tunze 6000 (x2) w/ multicontroller and a Maxijet generate the required flow and circulation for the small polyp stony corals.

As for fish, most are algae eating, which explains the minimal feeding. My 2 small tangs and 4 pygmy angels happily graze on the 60kg of quality LR throughout the day. I feed the fish every few days to ensure a more balanced diet and to keep my 2 chromis and 3 dottybacks happy as well. The mandarin stays fat with the abundant life on the LR.

My fishes:

purple tang

kole tang

cherub angel

potters angel

flame angel

multicolour angel

orchid dottyback (x3)

green chromis (x2)

yellow canary wrasse

mandarin goby

• SRC Member

had the fortune to view the tank this afternoon when i collected the frags..

superb tank!! the colours are awesome!! and many nice blastos at the blastos corner...

the blue acro is indeed stunning...

thanks pal for the 3 frags..

the green one is gorgeous..already opening up well..

waiting for the other 2 to colour up one day..

Dan....that's bad....I was going to go real slow....seeing this kind of reef setup gets the ich going real bad...

seriously...stunning tank... you and scarab are in the race for most awesome tank award now :lol:

Dan....that's bad....I was going to go real slow....seeing this kind of reef setup gets the ich going real bad...

seriously...stunning tank... you and scarab are in the race for most awesome tank award now :lol:

Bro you mean itch :lol::lol::lol: ya bro dan tank is definately one of the best tank ever