Clownfish Community

Refering to various species of clownfish. Looking at keeping a tank of clownfishes.

Understand from one of the aquarium shops, certain species are peaceful and can be kept together. For example, Percula, Sebae, Tomato, etc is ok but not Maroon. Not sure if anybody has any prior experiences with a setup like that.

• SRC Member

The more docile species are Ocellaris Clownfish, True Percula, Pink Skunk Clownfish, Saddleback Clownfish. Try to keep them as juveniles, say smaller than 2". But some may still become aggressive with conspecifics and as it gets older.

The bigger ur tank, the lesser chance of a conflict. If it's for a 2 footer, I'd think 4 clownfish is the max.

You can try all all type of clownfishes except maroon and clakii, but you must introduce them at the same time with all of them less than 1" size.

Presently having 1 false percular, 1 tomato and 1 black saddle back in my 3 feet tank with all of them less than an inch for a few mths liao. Looking gd for the time being. ;)

• SRC Member
You can try all all type of clownfishes except maroon and clakii, but you must introduce them at the same time with all of them less than 1" size.

Presently having 1 false percular, 1 tomato and 1 black saddle back in my 3 feet tank with all of them less than an inch for a few mths liao. Looking gd for the time being. ;)

Doing this only postpones the time before the war starts. And whoever wins, you lose. :evil:

Try sticking to 1 or 2 peacefuls types at most. Occelaris are probably the easiest. Skunks should be ok. But you never know. As always, there are always the exceptions. And according to sod's law, you will probably encounter the exception. :angel:

On saying that, I have a Occelaris and a Chrysogaster and they've been sharing the same anemone for close to 2 yrs liao.

• 2 weeks later...

Doing this only postpones the time before the war starts. And whoever wins, you lose. :evil:

Try sticking to 1 or 2 peacefuls types at most. Occelaris are probably the easiest. Skunks should be ok. But you never know. As always, there are always the exceptions. And according to sod's law, you will probably encounter the exception. :angel:

On saying that, I have a Occelaris and a Chrysogaster and they've been sharing the same anemone for close to 2 yrs liao.

Not really true. I have try rearing 1 black saddleback, 2 brown saddleback, 1 golden marroon and 1 orange skunk in 1 tank. They are introduce 1 or 2 at a time

interval of a few days at a size of 1 - 2 inches 1years back in a 3 feet tank.

They started off staring at each other, a bit of chasing, some shaking but

got use to each other as time goes by.

Now they are all still living together in a 2 feet tank of my mother-in-law with the size of 2 - 3 inches. But now they formed a community which no other clowns are welcome. :evil: As for to add on fishes, I think only damsels can be introduce.

:lol: