what's in pasta's sauce

shiraz

• SRC Member

hmmm as above... want to know what to add into the orangy red sauce to mix with pasta... spagetti to be exact.. :)

should not contain wine.. :angel:

all the receipes that i've found online have wierd ingredients that i don't know of.. don't even know if i can find them here because most of them are italian.. :blink:

anyone can help in listing out the ingredients.. thanks! :peace:

err if possible... no tomatoes.. don't know if it's possible to make it without tomotoes anyway... maybe replace it with something else?

The world is such a wicked place,war btween the human race. People work to earn their bread,while across the sea they're counting dead

tomato sauce. it's the basic pre-requisite. I normally buy those ready prepared ones....with either mushroom or meat chunks.

hmm. I've seen them cooking with things other than tomatos. may want to try searching for carbonara pasta. it's very egg-ish, and the sauce is white in colour.

• SRC Member

Persoanlly, I would dump the jar of Prego's Pasta sauce into a nicely browned mince beef, sauteed onions, dash of parmesan cheese.

Other options could be meatballs, taste quite good too but might contain pork, so better watch ingredients.

Quick and simple meal.

Hey, I cook my pasta with clams, white wine and salt to taste, some cheese and lots of...... XO oyster sauce! taste great!

And guess wat, one plate costs less than $5......

hmmm......thinking about it, if you make a nice table setting, turn on soft music and dim the lights..... romantic and can save $$ not going to restaurants... hehe... :lol:

• SRC Member

whipping cream, preferably egg yolks only and also some herbs...

The Carbonara part.

1) pour the cream out into a big bowl.

2) then add the egg yolks

3) then add a pinch of slt, pepper and finally the herbs. Preferably Oregano herbs. Smells nicer.

4) Stir the whole mixture together.

5) add a spoon of olive oil to the pan, bring to heat.

6) Add in the mixture and heat it up.

7) when it starts to simmer, switch off the fire before the mixture start to coagulate at the sides.

8) Sprinkle some parmesan cheese b4 serving.

The al funghi part.

1) cook the mushrooms all together.

2) add your desired seasoning.

3) pour into the sauce and stir the mushies in mins before you switch off the fire.

Bon Appetit... :peace:

• SRC Member

fuah... so detailed ah sis... thank you thank you.. :P

and the good thing is, there are no tomotoes involved.. right?

i believe the whipping cream sauce is the whitish one that leaves a funny aftertaste right? is it also known as milk sauce?

ohh pangz... if i could consume XO and wine, i'll be more than happy to try out that dish! :evil::evil:

thanks all for the valuable input... :bow:

The world is such a wicked place,war btween the human race. People work to earn their bread,while across the sea they're counting dead