CABINET COLLAPSING pls help

wa_lanz

• SRC Member

Lucky me. Only my tank is done by them and the rest done by my uncle whom runs a carpentry workshop. Otherwise I think I will end up with plywood for my cabinets too. My cabinet so far only the overflow side the latch rusting and some 2 screws rusting only.

Was think of redoing the whole setup again when I get my variable bonus this year. (Wishful thinking) and use the current tank as refugium :erm::erm::erm: Well, the more I look at your thread the more I'm piss with them. :angry::angry::angry:

dogdogsrd20060608_18_Elric%20is%20.png

bunbunsdb20071225_-8_Elroi%20is.png

webster1973%20player%20555.png

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

pardon my ignorance, i hv been out of touch wif the local reefing scene for some time. but is this Atlan##s we're talking abt here a "not so old" LFS located somewhere in seletar? coz i m getting confused....... as some posts here suggested that it is a reno company wif a marine theme and from what i know, there is oso a lfs going by the same name in seletar........ can someone clarify??? thx

Austin the Westie: "I may be your best friend, but you are my everything".

Lightning Strike's Back!!!

Reefkeeping Is Not My Hobby, It's My Obsession.

Austin's Birthday

.png

• SRC Member

I think the first thing for bro wa_lanz is to find a reliable carpenter to strengthen the support before the whole thing collapse..... so who has lobang for a good, cheap, reliable carpenter to recommend him?

:) Greeting :)

Tank: 4' by 2' by 2' (CR antique)

Sump: 3' include 1' refuigm

• SRC Member

According to him he don't have space below the cabinet thus I don't think any reinforcement can be done now. But the top level shouldn't be a problem. Anyway, we still have to see his picture to determine.

Yes, their showroom is at IMM Jurong level 4.

• SRC Member

DUDE!!! never get despaired no matter wad happened.... always look at it with a more positive point of view... that way you wont get high blood pressure so easily....

look at our boss... imagine the amount of marnee he pumped into the industry just to learn things in the beginning...

it is the same for you now..... like they all said... now most impt is to prevent your cabinent frm collapsing....

er.... i suggesting jamming wood planks to all possible areas to support the cabinent???

i think if u holler and lets us know where u live... think some of us might go over and help u.... IT WILL BE FUN!!!!!!!! BANZAI!!!!!!!!! :evil:

show us a pic of your setup... maybe we can help... dun despair for the friendly brudders and sistas of SRC are here to save the DAY!!!!

*translated from Hokkien*

"If say no bang wall, this idiot will never ripen" - Mr Quah Siew Kow.

• SRC Member
You may want to check the glass thickness of your tank too. Hopefully, it should be at least 12mm. I have the feeling that they may give you thin glass since from day 1, they already has the intention to cut corners.

HaHa, you wish, 12mm thick glass. My is only 8mm thick for a 4.5' x 1' x 2' tank(including the internal over system) Reckon his wouldn't be any thicker.

• SRC Member

sorry to say this dude... i know how u feel when nemo told me the same thing before i set up my tank.... but after hearing about the glass thickness.....

fish the whole thing and do a new tank lah!!!

it will be cheaper... really.... safer and less troublesome some more...

*translated from Hokkien*

"If say no bang wall, this idiot will never ripen" - Mr Quah Siew Kow.

• SRC Member

HaHa, you wish, 12mm thick glass. My is only 8mm thick for a 4.5' x 1' x 2' tank(including the internal over system) Reckon his wouldn't be any thicker.

bro.Happy is right...shouldn't be 10mm at all let alone 8mm are you kidding..... :shock: for a 4 footer.....wha liew! You have bracing I suppose but still dangerous liao..... :blink:

so it is not the Atlant## LFS at seletar we're talking abt here....... roger that. thx. ;)

Thats right, their workshop ###### retail store for livestocks is at seletar before T95 and their showroom is at IMM.

They have sponsored their built-in tank for a couple of TCS production such as "Holland Village". Not known for their reno works or marine, just a company trying to catch people off guard with fancy but impractical designs. Sigh.... :(

Sorry to hear about your experience Walanz. Please post your pixs here so that the experts here can help. ;)

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

• SRC Member

Well, so far my is holding.(Keeping my fingers crossed) The tank center bracing is 10cm x 1'. I only have about 10+kg of LR only and a Red Sea Prizm HOT skimmer. They give suckee 2 x T5 bulb and I have to DIY one set when 1 of them spoilt in just 3 months.

• SRC Member
They have sponsored their built-in tank for a couple of TCS production such as "Holland Village". Not known for their reno works or marine, just a company trying to catch people off guard with fancy but impractical designs. Sigh.... :(

Numerous TCS5 production with built-in tank is done by them. Or so far most of the TCS5 series that I saw with built-in tank is done by them.

Numerous TCS5 production with built-in tank is done by them. Or so far most of the TCS5 series that I saw with built-in tank is done by them.

So maybe they should just change line and stop doing tank set-up or home reno but do TV props productions. :D:D:D

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron

Member of:

• SRC Member

Atl*ntis is well known for their crap services... they only know how to blow smoke in ur face and charge exorbitant prices.

I know of some frens who got a system by them too and seriously the system they help you set up is all rubbish. My fren's fishes dropped like flies over a few months... they cover up for everything by giving aesthetic value but everything else is a death trap... you pay so much but get next to nothing :angry:

• SRC Member

at least they have 1 loyal supporter...TCS...

You mean to say the tanks in the TCS setting all built by them ah?? :blink: no wonder they in business lah... ever notice those tanks always use fake corals, few damsels/clowns and nearly zero water current? i wonder what happen when filming is over, they flush it down toilet bowl?? :sick:

at least they have 1 loyal supporter...TCS...

They sponsor wan. TCS dun pay a single cents just have 'credits line' at the end of the show. ;)

Dr. J.E.N. Veron

Member of:

no joke man, if the tank really collaspe, imagine the weight almost about one ton. and it could even go thru your floor to your neighbout downstairs.

you will not want to be sue by that, rite?

Mine is also built in tank. for latest built in tank, i would say Sugi's tank(member's tank) is the best design & safest.

so for short term solution : u might want to take care of the stand first- . chang gei wood is good but must make sure the wood touch the floor & not just to the base only( normally for designer, they like to make the base which is hollow inside)

Long term wise, re-do it . so that you could sleep at night without nightmares.

How Sugi? I promote your tank leh.. :yeah: