Blastomussa Merlatti

DeepBlue

Recent excitement about merlatti got me wondering whether this is a rare coral....

I bought one piece, about palm size a few months ago from T*5..... (saw LinkinPark and AT there as well)

I didnt pay a lot for the piece, later sold it to another reefer when I shut down my tank. (hint.... cheaper than a wellsi anyday)

Just wondering what kind of variety are there among our local reefers' tanks...

obj. of the thread is to share some pics and hopefully get eveyone to be more familiar with this coral.

post-70-1099912196.jpg

Didnt consider the piece above any gem at all.....coz I was given a frag(FOC) by a senior reefer recently. The colour is not the dull kind I used to have....

take a look ;)

please show your gems, hope we will all get to know more about this coral.

post-70-1099912270.jpg

yup...remember liaoz, you were there too.. :lol:

merlatti is priced cheaper than blastos wellsi then. Everyone were more interested in the bigger polyped wellsi then

nice orange specimen you have there ;)

Deepblue, I didn't get any because they are quite common when the season comes. And reasonably cheap too? I believe a big piece like yours cost less than $60?

Lightningstrike.... your specimen looks a little bleached... overtime it should recover... try feeding it cyclop-eze, it gives good colouring. How much did u pay for yours?

Deepblue, I didn't get any because they are quite common when the season comes. And reasonably cheap too? I believe a big piece like yours cost less than $60?

Lightningstrike.... your specimen looks a little bleached... overtime it should recover... try feeding it cyclop-eze, it gives good colouring. How much did u pay for yours?

:P it's not bleached....... it's the glare captured by the camera i was using then....... poor photography skills :pinch: anyway it is gone with the tank crash. :cry:

how much i paid for it....... S$300........................ minus 1 zero. :ph34r::blink:

Austin the Westie: "I may be your best friend, but you are my everything".

Lightning Strike's Back!!!

Reefkeeping Is Not My Hobby, It's My Obsession.

Austin's Birthday

.png

It's not a GEM lah.

Deepblue's one and the other pix looks more 'gem-like'... actually most specimens of Blasto merletti do look like that... yours just looks... sad! :lol:

It's not a GEM lah.

Deepblue's one and the other pix looks more 'gem-like'... actually most specimens of Blasto merletti do look like that... yours just looks... sad! :lol:

since when did i say it was a "gem"? :blink: my tank has always been a "gemless" tank................. :whistle:whistle:whistle beauty is in the eye of the beholder. :)

Austin's Birthday

.png

Deepblue's one and the other pix looks more 'gem-like'...

WOW....Boss says (certified) 'gem-like' merlatti....ok...ok...I get the blessing of the senior who gave me this for free and tries to sell it at a veri veri veri good price :eyebrow: (jking)

Ahem... i never give out certifications... I'm no gemologist... ;) I only buy what I think is beautiful to me and sold at a fair price.

One man's gem is another man's 'bleurrgh'! ;)

• SRC Member

Aiyah...boss, your eyes more for catching gems of sps lah... :lol:

Lightningstrike's ones are so exotic that his merletti can easily command double the price of the $300 merletti that present market is selling. Somemore, his rock of merletti is so big that he can easily frag so many pieces of 6polyps sets for sale to interested parties but pray...pls charge us cheaper hor, bro lightningstrike... :bow::bow:

Aiyah...boss, your eyes more for catching gems of sps lah... :lol:

Lightningstrike's ones are so exotic that his merletti can easily command double the price of the $300 merletti that present market is selling. Somemore, his rock of merletti is so big that he can easily frag so many pieces of 6polyps sets for sale to interested parties but pray...pls charge us cheaper hor, bro lightningstrike... :bow:  :bow:

sad to say....... i dun hv merleti liaoz........ else sure make a fortune judging by the current market rates for merleti. :evil:

maybe i shld try fragging my remaining ricordea floridas and sell them at high fetched prices.......... :P

Austin's Birthday

.png

Off topic but I think this colour morph of Blasto Wellsi is probably rarer than that of other blasto wellsi or merletti species!

This is probably worthy of a higher price tag! How much would u bid for this? ;)

post-70-1099976286.jpg

Ahem... i never give out certifications... I'm no gemologist... ;) I only buy what I think is beautiful to me and sold at a fair price.

One man's gem is another man's 'bleurrgh'! ;)

Yeah thats right..... just like when i say i would love to own the very rare resplendent angel..... some reefers say not nice lah and price tag so high somemore look like starck damsel and the damsel have a better coloration :lol::lol:

anyway :off::off:

Wah i go off for a while.. SRC got another craze again....