wat happen to my bubble coral

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

It is quite common that bubbles "naturally" die off slowly for reasons not easily idenfiable, like water parameter, lack of feeding, lighting (normall over a period), disturbed by fishes which rest on it etc. It normally start by not being opened, or partially opened.

I have a colony of bubbles which faced the same fate, but did not fully die off and in fact new baby bubbles appeared and growing bigger. see pic below

post-6-1101011889.jpg

It is quite common that bubbles "naturally" die off slowly for reasons not easily idenfiable, like water parameter, lack of feeding, lighting (normall over a period), disturbed by fishes which rest on it etc. It normally start by not being opened, or partially opened.

I have a colony of bubbles which faced the same fate, but did not fully die off and in fact new baby bubbles appeared and growing bigger. see pic below

so is this type of bubble coral difficult to maintain? i affraid will fail, so i get this fine bubble coral for testing. :(

so far, i have done wat u guys tell me, my bubble coral now i think consider ok abit, start to open but not really big lo. anywhere, partially die off.

and i shift it to the center of my tank. tomolo i will send u guys my coral pic.

• SRC Member

well for bubble.. i can tell u.. if u target feed them with those brine shrimp..

yes they will eat.. but at the same time u are costing death...

yrs of reefing teach me that u should not target feed your bubble... then say bye bye to your bubble.. cause there r chances u r overfeeding or change their feeding habit...

I left all my bubble to get food themself.... and i got wonderful result out of it..

done believe i will take pic of my bubble collection tonight in my tank and post it..

also no matter what coral it's all boil down to water parameter, ligthing and water flow.

ok this is how my collection of bubble look like.. and some already more the a yr old..

I dont target feed them.. and this is how well they grow...

those buble that i once target feed are already dead....

this is awesome... bro :yeah::o:shock:

can u teach me how to maintain?

i still fail to take picture coz i will work late in this few days. :(

soli guys 4get 2 tell u my water parameter.

my NO3 is still remain in my tank leh, even i do 40% water change, but not much help.

NO3 - mg/l 10

I guess this should be very high rite?

and i have this chemical (bio-magic-photo-synthetic bacteria) which can converts lethal ammonia nitrite to nitrate, and convert nitrate to nitrogen. will this help up?

• SRC Member
soli guys 4get 2 tell u my water parameter.

my NO3 is still remain in my tank leh, even i do 40% water change, but not much help.

NO3 - mg/l 10

I guess this should be very high rite?

and i have this chemical (bio-magic-photo-synthetic bacteria) which can converts lethal ammonia nitrite to nitrate, and convert nitrate to nitrogen. will this help up?

sad to tell u...

your bubble is dieing bro..

how old is your tank???

is your cycle complete already???? plus how is your lighting and what is the flow rate in your tank. And how big is your tank????

10mg/l n03 for bubble is not that high... it wont kill them for sure..

As for ->> i have this chemical (bio-magic-photo-synthetic bacteria) which can converts lethal ammonia nitrite to nitrate, and convert nitrate to nitrogen. will this help up?>>

sorry never use this product be4 so no comment.

I think it will be best u can pass your bubble to other ppls tank which is stable and let them help u keep for the time meaning..

• SRC Member
:cry2: here is the latest pic i took from my bubble...

what is that pvc pipe on the left of your pic?????? issit the return pipe...

if it is.. then the strong flow from the return pipe is killing the bubble.. u should never have direct current to the coral as the pressure will kill them for sure..

what is that pvc pipe on the left of your pic?????? issit the return pipe...

if it is.. then the strong flow from the return pipe is killing the bubble.. u should never have direct current to the coral as the pressure will kill them for sure..

:cry2: bro! :o

but it is not blowing at the bubble. by the way that is very little current from the pipe.

or like wat u said, it is killing the bubble?

even in a low current? :shock:

• SRC Member

:cry2: bro! :o

but it is not blowing at the bubble. by the way that is very little current from the pipe.

or like wat u said, it is killing the bubble?

even in a low current? :shock:

no matter what we can't be sure cause i never see your tank in person and all these stuff only pic.. but my advise is take your bubble away and reloacte at somewhere peaceful water movement...

why not try out my advise and see how.

cause even low rate but the pressure does play a part in affecting the coral.

no matter what we can't be sure cause i never see your tank in person and all these stuff only pic.. but my advise is take your bubble away and reloacte at somewhere peaceful water movement...

why not try out my advise and see how.

cause even low rate but the pressure does play a part in affecting the coral.

:huh:

thanks bro... i will relocated it in some where :thanks::thanks:

:cry2:

my is a 2 feet tank.

my tank is 1 1/2 year already.

2X florecent light = 1 blue 1 white

1X T5 (advice by others bro out there early) bought it last week.

2X fan

1X protien skimmer

2X power head = 1X 2200 and the other 1 is 400(which is help to make some movement in the water current.)

any goes wrong??? :cry:

i have 1 bubble given by some1 who gave-up in saltwater tank. although it is not perfect n beautiful, but i guess they r doing fine, coz i can see they r growing. i will take the picture tomolo.

• SRC Member

hmm florecent light = 1 blue 1 white it's as gd as nothing..

yup after reloate and see how.. for your case can see the bubble is dieing.. if no proper care is given it will eventually die..

for my exp. i manage to help save some dieing bubble b4.. but for those big bubble coral once it start to die.. then will be hard to save..

anyway gd luck and post us some update how it is doing..

• SRC Member

Good things do not happen overnight bro, u cannot expect the bubble coral to bloom overnight after the state it is before. If u have done what should be done then leave the bubble coral alone ie stop moving here and there 'cos it adds more stress and prevent it from recovering. My advise to save the bubble is:

1) Keep the water parameters right by doing routine partial water change with a good salt mix. Do not change too much at one go 'cos u alter the water parameters too much -> shock to the ailing coral.

2) A better lighting system will help all photosysnethesis corals.

3) As for feeding, U can feed bubble coral with small piece of market prawn weekly but this is not compulsory. It depends on tank situation ie do u put coral food or not.

:) Greeting :)

Tank: 4' by 2' by 2' (CR antique)

Sump: 3' include 1' refuigm

Good things do not happen overnight bro, u cannot expect the bubble coral to bloom overnight after the state it is before. If u have done what should be done then leave the bubble coral alone ie stop moving here and there 'cos it adds more stress and prevent it from recovering. My advise to save the bubble is:

1) Keep the water parameters right by doing routine partial water change with a good salt mix. Do not change too much at one go 'cos u alter the water parameters too much -> shock to the ailing coral.

2) A better lighting system will help all photosysnethesis corals.

3) As for feeding, U can feed bubble coral with small piece of market prawn weekly but this is not compulsory. It depends on tank situation ie do u put coral food or not.

i already did 30% water change liao last week. should i change again? :o

im abit curious, y some ppl told me every week change water, but some said every month. so which 1 should i follow?

i do feed them once 2-3 week. with brine shrimp. but i will try bon market prawn this week. mayb today or tomolo.

• SRC Member

If u notice some growth to the bubble coral ie baby bubble coming out then u are doing the right thing. From the picture, the bubble coral will need a long time to recover. Patience and diligent will pay off. ;)

• SRC Member
i already did 30% water change liao last week. should i change again? 

im abit curious, y some ppl told me every week change water, but some said every month. so which 1 should i follow?

i do feed them once 2-3 week. with brine shrimp. but i will try bon market prawn this week. mayb today or tomolo.

30% is quite a lot in one water change..... there is no hard and fast rule to perform water change. Observe your corals and test the water parameters, do as u deem fit. I test KH and calcium level weekly and add additives to bring up the level 'cos I did not have calcium reactor. As for nitrate, I also perform the test but I find that it is not so critical as long as it is not on the high 'cos I do not have any sps. If don't have market prawn then those silver fish also can. Those fresh types not the dried ones.

ok try today.he...

mayb im abit over confident. coz i think that bubble almost die oso can survived in my tank, then if i buy the new 1 should not b a problem. :cry:

both of my bubble is different, have u realize? i buy 1 is pearl color and ppl gave me 1 is green color 1. so is it green 1 more hardy?

this pearl 1 in my tank about two month liao n suddnly like this. then y the green 1 show happy(not sure) leh?

• SRC Member

From your pic, I really cannot tell which is the pearl color one which is the green one. Both look stress and ailing to me. It is easier to keep a healthy coral happy then ailing coral...... BUT don't give up hope on the bubble, take it as an experience and see whether u can reverse the situation or not. This process will NOT happen overnight, it will take weeks or even months.

• SRC Member

Don't add this type of stuff, u never know what will happen..... I had once tried AZNO3 to bring down my nitrate, it almost costs a number of casuties.... Water changes is still the best, effective and safe method.