Clementi 328 - 6 Footer Tank

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread has gotten to the LFS boss's ears. I got a call from Jimmy today and have gotten verbal confirmation that this Jimmy328 is not him. He has not registered himself as a user of this forum but he knows exactly what's going on in this thread.

Anyway, the purpose of his call was to address how some SRC members have been merciless in their comments about his marine tank setup and his shop. While there is no way I can help verify the comments made nor he being able to dispute the comments made as wrong... I'll leave it to you guys to decide for yourselves.

My policy is very clear on this. LFS are businesses. We are customers. While you as consumers have rights, and it is natural behaviour for us to comment on our dealings with them, especially negative experiences, sometimes... they as businesses have little need or tolerance for negative publicity especially if the accusations are untrue and unfounded.

The subject matter therefore is debatable and while the bystanders are free to draw their conclusions, the protagonists (people heavily involved) in negative comments with this Clementi LFS must either standby their words by being identified and contactable.

(I have suggested that members who wish to remain anonymous and wish to give feedback esp. negative comments, participate in such discussions by not directly indentifying the business by name but using vague descriptions or self-censoring the name to avoid confirmation of shop ID).

So... now that Jimmy may wish to speak directly to the guys here who have irked him... would you be willing to back up your own words by being contactable? He did mentioned 4 members by their number ID.

Notice: SRC/myself will NOT be liable for any comments made by members as stated in my Terms and Conditions for Usage of this Forum. You individuals, as registered users of this site will be solely liable for your own comments made.

• SRC Member

AT,

Thanks for your feedback.

Since this thread was started by me, I sincerely apologise that it has ended that way...from an informative thread to a ....uhmmm,....

Did Jimmy mentioned to you who he would like to talk to ? Maybe, you can pm me in private and if I am one of them, I will ask Jimmy about it.

In fact, Jimmy is open to people who are open to discussion with him on Marine facts as he is learning as much as we do. That is my observations on Jimmy.

• 1 month later...

ok: I live near C328 as well, so I can see the state of their things.

it is the best interests of the LFS to make sure their life stock is clean,and their tanks well maintained.

The problem with Polyart is the lifestock isn't taken care of properly. prices might be high, but that should be as high as RRP so its entirely their perogative.

eg: the guppies on consignment, they get greenspot and the water all green also they don't care. Keeping fish means you want to look at aesthetics primarily, you don't want to keep fish in a tank that looks like a longkang, so you really should read up or educate your staff on how to change water, how to use dechlorinaters, tank cycling.

and MAKE sure you fish out the dead fish ASAP, its damm disgusting to think that it makes fish food for other fish, all it does is spread the pathogen that killed the first fish as well as boost up the bioload of the tank.

I also have some complaints about CF itself, the guppy tanks really should be condemmed, always got columnaris..

anyway, its really a case of caveat emptor, having said that, it means that customer have the right to buy or not buy, so if you make your shop unattractive through pricing or through aesthetics or attitude, its your loss.

• 5 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Jimmy is lousy! I ever asked advises from him and he told me that Canister pump is better than Sump! and they just wanna earn $$$. and many other things I think he is unprofessional that I m just not nice to talk about. Clementi shops as surveyed, all not professional. Some good business shops wont talk to u even! They just answer 1-2 words and not looking at u when we asking for advises. Very rude dealers!

• SRC Member

lolz.. if u get to see their 6 ft tank now.. u can really faint..

anyway I got a few reefz stuff there.. still ok..

check on the weipo skimmer they have, the price still ok lor..

I also go walk down to another fish shop at Clementi 328, the one near the coffee shop, the stuff they selling also not cheap leh..

sighz...

anyone can give me some help as to pm me where can I find cheap equipment and coral. thanx

• SRC Member

yo guys...

i think you guys have yet to meet up with the worst lfs people.... got one at serangoon ave 2 l*m p*t house.. you will sure faint.. in hokkien he say buy if you like f o if you dun like... this my own personal experience lah

• SRC Member

Personally, I think the Clementi Shop (nearest to the famous claypot rice coffee shop) still has the cheapest price and the widest range of products comparable to Pet M***t. (at least in Clementi area or in Clementi Block 328 )

They used to sell freshwater products but recently have carried in some Marine products.

The Female owner is nice too and do give general advice without obligation to buy any products from them.

I have no comments for the other 2 shops in C328.

• SRC Member

no, they dont have point system and the things are more expensive than petmart without considering the points. This Clementi lady boss depends on moods. If she in good mood, she entertains u. If not, she will just like her worker, asked 2 questions, just answer 1-2 words short and fast and not looking at u when talking.As a matter of fact, her worker is worse, worse than Jason! A friend told me that he bought a new Eheim pump on last 3 months ago, he wanted to change to a bigger version but this lady boss said, sorry u cannot. My friend showed that its unused and bought 2 weeks ago but still being ignored. The lady boss just walked away hiding in the store behind. All the workers just said "I dont know" This attitude is bad. My friend left 15 minutes later after being ignored so long. BTW their freshwater plants cost $6! this is crazy. most shops 90% sells at $3.50 for the same size. Some even $3!

:evil: ben my man... :evil: saw jimmy at the shop and heard u live nearby so he asked me to pass u a msg whether u would like to have coffee with him sometime.......and tell him straight to his face if u dare that is........hahaha...hi ya'all..how's ur christmas and new year preparation?got a n.yr resolution u would like to share.. :thanks:

• SRC Member
no, they dont have point system and the things are more expensive than petmart without considering the points. This Clementi lady boss depends on moods. If she in good mood, she entertains u. If not, she will just like her worker, asked 2 questions, just answer 1-2 words short and fast and not looking at u when talking.As a matter of fact, her worker is worse, worse than Jason! A friend told me that he bought a new Eheim pump on last 3 months ago, he wanted to change to a bigger version but this lady boss said, sorry u cannot. My friend showed that its unused and bought 2 weeks ago but still being ignored. The lady boss just walked away hiding in the store behind. All the workers just said "I dont know" This attitude is bad. My friend left 15 minutes later after being ignored so long. BTW their freshwater plants cost $6! this is crazy. most shops 90% sells at $3.50 for the same size. Some even $3!

Actually some things that are selling at CF@C328 is cheaper than Petmart. I don't agree that the attitude of the workers there are bad. Both the uncle and auntie all very nice. Even the worker is nice too! Just that sometimes they are busy and seems like running here and there. I frequent there, 3 times in a week? Regulars always get good price. But if you are marine, think there is nothing much there for you. Cause it's more famous for aros and bettas, plants too! In fact their plants are cheap. Not expensive. Ask any freshwater aquascaper and you will know. Maybe just that the shop does not suits you doesn't mean that the shop is bad. If the shop is really as bad as you all say, well you won't see so many people going already.

Not affliated to them in anyway. But I think it is right to correct others when they are spoiling the shops name.

Cheers!

• SRC Member
:evil: ben my man... :evil: saw jimmy at the shop and heard u live nearby so he asked me to pass u a msg whether u would like to have coffee with him sometime.......and tell him straight to his face if u dare that is........hahaha...hi ya'all..how's ur christmas and new year preparation?got a n.yr resolution u would like to share.. :thanks:

zero-cool: are you for real? I believe you are what they call a Tattle-tale. if you believe so strongly in being fair to jimmy, then put in your 2 cts why you think he and his shop is good. like what others has done. its damn childish and pathetic to "squeal" on others here to jimmy.... and be so damn proud of it.

I don't know ben and have nothing against jimmy, but ben merely stated his experience, and its irritating pple like you who squeal and create a sense of fear in an otherwise free tospeak forum, not to mention probs for AT too. I believe pple should be free to air their EXPERIENCES, which are different from VIEWS.

I"ve checked your past posts, and noticed 70-80% of ALL your 15 posts are promoting Polyart, referred to as "MY shop". so what's your angle? you work there? jimmy your uncle? or you're just a customer curry favouring him to get a bit of discount? do you know pple pay to advertise as sponsors on this forum?