Blue tang behavour..

Lin

• SRC Member

hi all

would like to hear frm u all, those who had keep/are keeping regal now.. how come he attack my maroon suddenly? now my maroon has broken fin!! he is in the tank almost 1 mth.. wats the sudden attack abt??? tt day caught my maroon and divided him, now release out, Tang attack him again!! What to do now?? :cry2: anyone pls advice what went wrong??? Thks in advance... :cry2:

• SRC Member
hi all

would like to hear frm u all, those who had keep/are keeping regal now.. how come he attack my maroon suddenly? now my maroon has broken fin!! he is in the tank almost 1 mth.. wats the sudden attack abt??? tt day caught my maroon and divided him, now release out, Tang attack him again!! What to do now?? :cry2: anyone pls advice what went wrong??? Thks in advance... :cry2:

maroon is the fierce clown in its family............

got to wait till they are use to one another............

mine yellow tang too..........

sizes double my brownie but still kena attact all the while............

:D

how are urs anemones tat time u brought ?

• SRC Member
maroon is the fierce clown in its family............

got to wait till they are use to one another............

mine yellow tang too..........

sizes double my brownie but still kena attact all the while............

:D

how are urs anemones tat time u brought ?

HERMIT! erm.. i nv put in the tank.. i scared.. coz later tt anemone run ard.. later got stuck somewhere.. i dun dare to take the risk wor.. :blink: somemore i got some mushroom le..

SO u guys think i shld let my tang out again?? sigh...my maroon's fin veri jialat now neh.. i m veri worried, coz i dun wana see a curry FISH HEAD tomorrow neh.. :cry2:

• SRC Member
They are simply not compatible,u'll have to get rid of one or the other. ;)

:unsure: get one out? sigh sigh sigh.. one is 2+yrs, one i save him frm ich.. sigh sigh sigh.. WHo to give up neh?? :( u mean those common clown then they can click? maroon sure fight? :pinch:

• SRC Member

don't think maroon clown per se will be incompatible with a blue tang. it depends on individual fish. i have kept a maroon and blue tang together and they're fine. however if the fighting persists you might have to take one out.

Be teachable always, nobody has a monopoly on wisdom. But learn to distinguish "fact" from "opinion".

• SRC Member

try introducing a mirror near the blue tang's territory for a few days. It will enjoy 'wacking' the similar one rather than the maroon clown. :)

And shift a few of the rocks around it after that. It will be disoriented, thinking it is in new environment. Wun bother the clown then. :)

• SRC Member
try introducing a mirror near the blue tang's territory for a few days. It will enjoy 'wacking' the similar one rather than the maroon clown. :)

And shift a few of the rocks around it after that. It will be disoriented, thinking it is in new environment. Wun bother the clown then. :)

have been shifting my rock ard tis few day neh.. u see.. the problem is tt they dun have any territory, maroon spend her time on top tank.. blue tang will dart at her... :cry2:

could it be possible tt my tang thinks she is food? coz my marron fin is veri dark colour.. and he thinks it is nori??????? :unsure:

• SRC Member

have been shifting my rock ard tis few day neh.. u see.. the problem is tt they dun have any territory, maroon spend her time on top tank.. blue tang will dart at her... :cry2:

could it be possible tt my tang thinks she is food? coz my marron fin is veri dark colour.. and he thinks it is nori??????? :unsure:

Nori? oh yes....your regal must be thinking that you maron...erm i mean maroon is nori... :D

red colour nori :lol:

Anyway...previously my Blue Tang charge at my maroon and bit at her fins ferociously !!! now friends.

My Beautiful ANGEL - Matsushima Nanako

Equipment List for 4x2x2 Tank & 3x1.5x1.5 Sump

Hagen 802 x 2, Tunze 6060, Arcadia T5 (54W x 8), Eheim 1260 (return) Eheim 1250 (Chiller), Aquabee 300 x 2 (Feed)

H&S 150-F2001 (850l Skimmer), H&S A110-F2000 (400l Skimmer), H&S 110-F1000 (1000l Sulphur/Nitrate Filter), H&S 150-F2000IA (800l Calcium Reactor)

Coralife 3X (UV Steriliser), I-Aquatic IF 312 (Fluidised Reactor), Kent Kalk Delivery, Resun CL650, Pinpoint ORP & PH Meters & Wireless Thermometer

4x2x2 Tank Thread

• SRC Member
Nori? oh yes....your regal must be thinking that you maron...erm i mean maroon is nori... :D

red colour nori :lol:

Anyway...previously my Blue Tang charge at my maroon and bit at her fins ferociously !!! now friends.

wei~~u dun say.. my marron fin is kinda black neh, wana take her pic now oso hard, coz no fin to show u her colour, now all broken fin... sigh.. i suppose it will be over soon? sigh..... kinda worry, coz my maroon with me almost 3yrs le.. thank you guys for comforting me... :cry:

• SRC Member
What did you feed your blue tang with?

I read somewhere that says tangs become more aggressive if fed primarily with meat.

That's what's happening to my blue tang also.

Quite a fierce bugger.

But no casualty.

Try feeding him with more nori.

:blink: oh? i always on pallet neh, put wat fresh veggies(only my hermit eating) he nv eat oso de, only when i feed the rest with mysis and brine he take abit only.. now no causualty lar.. later duno got curry FISH HEAD anot nar.. shld i try nori le? :unsure: