How To Diy Calcium Iodine Drip?

DeepBlue

HI

Before the forum crashed, I remember seeing someone posting how to custom make a diy drip for calcium...............do anyone still have those pics and instructions.......finally a DIY BOBO wans to try and make himself something

Thanks in advance :D

very chimmm leh....I saw the auto top up.....like building a chemical plant....remember ..fren ...I'm a DIY DODO as well.......thought the drip from the container got more success rate..

• SRC Member

Are you refering to the gravity drip?

Quite simple what.. just go out, buy one of those big orange juice bottles (w/o the OJ! or drink it lah) then pierce a small hole at the bottom, connect a small metal valve and adjust accordingly...

I don't know how some of the reefers get it to be so accurate but last time when I did it for dosing in my FW tank, I could never get the drip rate right... maybe it was the valve I was using not quite suited for the job...

Also, the dripping rate of a purely gravity fed drip is dependent on the water level in the container, the more water the higher the water pressure, the higher the drip rate... so what I did last time was to make it a siphon drip instead... so it SHOULD have been independent on the water level

Not sure if I'm right or not... now that I come to think of it.. I think I might be wrong...

Aiyah anyway I hope u get the picture... just get a bottle, pierce a hole in it, silicone in an adjustable valve and tweak away...

Hope this helps..

• SRC Member
i think plastic would be better than metal for the valve.

Oh yah... my FW I used metal so didn't rust.. salt water is another thing altogether... but the last time I used it it also didn't rust leh.. hm..

Anyway either plastic or metal, the problem still remains... how to ensure that the drip rate stays constant... any ideas?

for those who were there before the crash....tried organising one....Bum volunteered to be the look out guy....but since spider refused to be the fallguy...the plan to rob when bust.....

back to toto...... :D:D:D