Red Dragon Pump

vvswong

Is a German product by Royal Exclusiv. The screw is make of titanum.

Chief had post their newest product, the bubble king skimmer. See until I fell off my chair... :shock::shock::bow::bow:

• SRC Member

:lol: If you want to get RD pump, make sure your piping can accomodate the high flowrate.

Preferably the piping must be at least 35mm.

I've one RD(10 000L/HR) and using 4 x 25mm piping. till date, I cannot turn on the pump fully due to these piping. The water gushing sound is horrible. It like ten peoples flushing the toilet non-stop.

Actually, this pump give me more headaches and make my wife really unhappy with its flow rate sound. :(

* Btw, the pump itself is totally silent, the only sound is the water gushing into the pipes.

• SRC Member
I'm waiting for some crazy Singapore sales so that I can buy this pump.... or may be someone upgrade and sell it off. :)

lolz... then u can wait.. till die also dont have..

cause RE already state that price will be fix for their product so as not to have price war...

• SRC Member
Thanks bro. Any idea who is the distributor of it?

I heard the pump is damn powerful but very expensive, issit true?

:thanks:  :thanks:

Also for your info..

RE already state that there is only one and only distributor in Singapore which is from Edmund (eaquanature).. you get else where for that ex pump if anything wrong.. u can start praying.. lolz..

• SRC Member
:lol:  If you want to get RD pump, make sure your piping can accomodate the high flowrate.

Preferably the piping must be at least 35mm.

I've one RD(10 000L/HR) and using 4 x 25mm piping. till date, I cannot turn on the pump fully due to these piping. The water gushing sound is horrible. It like ten peoples flushing the toilet non-stop.

Actually, this pump give me more headaches and make my wife really unhappy with its flow rate sound. :(

* Btw, the pump itself is totally silent, the only sound is the water gushing into the pipes.

That's because you did your piping wrongly...

I even run my RD 12m3 (12K l/h) using 25mm pipe also dont have those sound u mention...

Dont go blame the pump for poor setup.. that I can advise.

I agree with Alan too. Now my whole tank runs off my only Red Dragon 12,000. Now only the skimmer feed pump and Zeovit reactor are using their delicated pump. I shall be Tee-ing the RD to drive the zeovit reactor and skimmer soon.

Just got rid of my MX-70 and MD40R. Now the chiller run time is less than 50% compared to before that.

• SRC Member

Fully agreed that the sound is a result of my inexperience in piping design.

RD pump is a masterpiece of technology- Low heat, low power consumption, small, light and negligible vibration. Particularly all are good points.

As this is my first marine tank, I've zero experience and thought that 4 x25mm return pipes are sufficient for RD. But the sound is still too loud. If only my return are larger, I believed that the sound will be less audible...

I'm contributing in this thread is just informing the next reefer who intend to get RD to fix as large pipes as possible to minimize the possibility of this sound issue. :D:peace:

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member
Fully agreed that the sound is a result of my inexperience in piping design.

RD pump is a masterpiece of technology- Low heat, low power consumption, small, light and negligible vibration. Particularly all are good points.

As this is my first marine tank, I've zero experience and thought that 4 x25mm return pipes are sufficient for RD. But the sound is still too loud. If only my return are larger, I believed that the sound will be less audible...

I'm contributing in this thread is just informing the next reefer who intend to get RD to fix as large pipes as possible to minimize the possibility of this sound issue. :D:peace:

Just an update,

After the feedbacks from WL and Alanseah, I've modified my piping by adding union, ball values and some elbows to the 4 returns.

These modification help to distribute the flow more evenly to all the 4 returns

Now, my tank is very silent and RD can finally turn to its max.

* Another confirmation that the sound can be omitted with proper piping design. :lol::lol:

Thanks to WL/Alanseah who prompted me to re-do my piping. :thanks:

• SRC Member

Just an update,

After the feedbacks from WL and Alanseah, I've modified my piping by adding union, ball values and some elbows to the 4 returns.

These modification help to distribute the flow more evenly to all the 4 returns

Now, my tank is very silent and RD can finally turn to its max.

* Another confirmation that the sound can be omitted with proper piping design. :lol::lol:

Thanks to WL/Alanseah who prompted me to re-do my piping. :thanks:

gd for you..