Home PC Being Probed Daily.

BFG

• SRC Member

I am using broadband connection Starhub 1500. PC is P3 933mhz. Everyday, someone somewhere is trying to get in my pc. Places include university in the US, some factory in Africa, and other country like Australia, Israel, parts of Europe and even asian countries like China, Malaysia, Philippines and Japan. While typing this message, I was hit 7 times! Quite irritating! Even Starhub is trying to get into the various port of my pc.

The probed sometimes came from point A to point B but those from the US uses multiple server meaning from Point A will go to Point X then Y then Z then to my pc. Also sometimes I get ping. Why? Hackers? I am currently using McAfee Internet security suite 2004 and have upgraded. What is so interesting about my pc?

Can somebody shed some light on my predicament? Thanks!

• SRC Member

Nothing special about your PC. HAckers with their programs continuosly try to scan all the IP and try to get hold of it. There are many programs which scans and tell them which PC are vulnerable.

IT happens to everyone. Those who have firewall can detect the intrusions and others simply dont know.

• SRC Member
Nothing special about your PC. HAckers with their programs continuosly try to scan all the IP and try to get hold of it. There are many programs which scans and tell them which PC are vulnerable.

IT happens to everyone. Those who have firewall can detect the intrusions and others simply dont know.

not really...i have two fire walls...but never detected any intrusion...look through the whole list of this happening but nothing...or maybe i lucky....but all my two firewalls did is always interupting my internet access.. <_<<_<<_<

• SRC Member
I am using broadband connection Starhub 1500. PC is P3 933mhz. Everyday, someone somewhere is trying to get in my pc. Places include university in the US, some factory in Africa, and other country like Australia, Israel, parts of Europe and even asian countries like China, Malaysia, Philippines and Japan. While typing this message, I was hit 7 times! Quite irritating! Even Starhub is trying to get into the various port of my pc.

The probed sometimes came from point A to point B but those from the US uses multiple server meaning from Point A will go to Point X then Y then Z then to my pc. Also sometimes I get ping. Why? Hackers? I am currently using McAfee Internet security suite 2004 and have upgraded. What is so interesting about my pc?

Can somebody shed some light on my predicament? Thanks!

Your firewall is unless if they manage to install a back door virus on your computer. And it happen before you install a fire wall.

Press ctrl alt del and you can view the number of programes running if you are using window XP home or pro.

See any weird programes name like ###### or phonechat XXXX or etc.. Then do a search with your anti virus programe for that back door virus and download a patch from your anti virus main websites.

Or do a search for that programe in your systems and delete it away...

Hope this helps..

Ming

• SRC Member

Your firewall is unless if they manage to install a back door virus on your computer. And it happen before you install a fire wall.

Press ctrl alt del and you can view the number of programes running if you are using window XP home or pro.

See any weird programes name like ###### or phonechat XXXX or etc.. Then do a search with your anti virus programe for that back door virus and download a patch from your anti virus main websites.

Or do a search for that programe in your systems and delete it away...

Hope this helps..

Ming

nope...virus wont appear up in there...it will be useless if thats the case...what i do is to show all hidden files...normally cirus files will be invisable...i allow all these invisable files to appear so i can see any funny files

• SRC Member
not really...i have two fire walls...but never detected any intrusion...look through the whole list of this happening but nothing...or maybe i lucky....but all my two firewalls did is always interupting my internet access.. <_<<_<<_<

are you using a router? if you are, that will mask the IPs of your PCs and your firewalls will generally not have to deal with intrusions. a good router is quite decent as a firewall in itself.

Be teachable always, nobody has a monopoly on wisdom. But learn to distinguish "fact" from "opinion".

• SRC Member

router is something which allows many computers to use one internet connection. it's basically a home local area networking device.

Be teachable always, nobody has a monopoly on wisdom. But learn to distinguish "fact" from "opinion".