PICTURES : view from top

• SRC Member
Orange with red polyps + blue tips Hyacinthus frag.

Wow the colour look great , bro can give some tips on how u manage to u tank. :P

6x2.5x2.5 (GEO AQUATIC)

Aquamedic Turboflotor 5000Baby

Aquamedic NR1000

Aquamedic KR1000

Aquamedic Niveaumat

Aquamedic Ozone

RM Fluidised Reactor

Tunze 6060x3

Resun C1000

Aqualight 2x250w + 150w MH

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
Zeovit system :P

Bro, come on, I'm sure it's not only that......... Must also include your constant monitoring and dedication as well as good husbandry and TLC, right? SPS keeping is a never ending job.. :)

BTW did you shock the milles before you take the photos? Somehow the polyps are not appearing which is unusual for milles. :huh:

Bro, got lar look carefully and that being said I just went to check out that colony and the polyps are "more more" (fury fury) as usual.

Oh ya are you referring to the brown one or the pink one? If the brown one then the polyps always been like that or I ID it wrongly?

When I mentioned "zeovit system" (ya I know this word a bit sensitive) means I employ the full system and follow their recommend husbandry like 5-10% water change, frequent cleaning of the skimmer collection cup to ensure skimmer working at max efficiency. Making sure all water parameters are good and stable etc.

So running zeovit system is not a matter of dosing a few drops of "SKII" and then expecting some magic to happen in your tank.

• SRC Member
Bro, got lar look carefully and that being said I just went to check out that colony and the polyps are "more more" (fury fury) as usual.

Oh ya are you referring to the brown one or the pink one? If the brown one then the polyps always been like that or I ID it wrongly?

When I mentioned "zeovit system" (ya I know this word a bit sensitive) means I employ the full system and follow their recommend husbandry like 5-10% water change, frequent cleaning of the skimmer collection cup to ensure skimmer working at max efficiency. Making sure all water parameters are good and stable etc.

So running zeovit system is not a matter of dosing a few drops of "SKII" and then expecting some magic to happen in your tank.

Very well said there bro. I also agree it is not something magic. Basic husbandry like water change, maintain good water parameters, good lighting and flow and efficient skimming (like what you have mentioned) is key to a healthy reef.

Where got brown coral? I mean the one on the left lar, the blue tip one. And confirm.....it is a millepora.

post-22-1117550741.jpg

Maybe like you said due to stress, since day one it arrived in my tank the polyps been like, but I also quite lucky, the colony get stressed for ard 1 yr and still not RTN/STN yet lol. At least now it's showing some improvement, will monitor and see how it goes :P Wish me luck hor.

BTW did you shock the milles before you take the photos? Somehow the polyps are not appearing which is unusual for milles.  :huh:

post-22-1117550741.jpg

A little :off: here but guess reply here better.

Just found the culprit.

I checked the colony carefully and found some holes at the base, if you also look at the photo properly you'll see some holes (green in color) and also part of the base appears to be bleached, they are not bleached but rather "tunnels" below it.

I dig and follow the tunnel and it eventually lead to this.

Didn't know how it got into the colony or maybe it came with it?

post-22-1117916605.jpg

Still trying to take my top down shots <_<

Can't seem to really focus though :(

But if you tame me, we shall need each other.

To me, you will be unique in all the world.

To you, I shall be unique in all the world...

You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.

-Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Keep our hobby sustainable, participate in fragging NOW

CHAETO Farmer FarmerDan.gif

Still quite small, abt 2-3cm long, too young to spawn I guess. Now I am seeing polyps extension already.

Never knew SPS can have bristleworm living in it pengz.

though it's a wild guess, told u i suspect it's bristleworms liao....... but i really did not expect it to be. :shock:

Austin the Westie: "I may be your best friend, but you are my everything".

Lightning Strike's Back!!!

Reefkeeping Is Not My Hobby, It's My Obsession.

Austin's Birthday

.png

• 3 weeks later...