Expert advise needed! cyanrina flew off!!

RAV-65

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

let it float here and there lo.. nice mah.. but gotta make sure it get stuck in powerhead or overflow la... haiz.. ur case really special...

Believe it or not.... found it stuck to my tunze this morning!!!!!!!! luckily my tunze was on low flow ( using ts12 with photocell ) as my lights were off.... dunno wat would have happened if the lights are on, the tunze would be on almost full blast!!

People do not plan to fail; Often they just fail to plan...

Wat I do to prevent myself from tearing my hair out... My stress remedy...

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• SRC Member
I'm stumped! the cyanrina really ate the cyclopeeze... as I was posting the pics, the food gone liao... :shock:

This is truly amazing.........how could it be eating without its skeleton.. :ooh:

I feel that robin's suggestion is a good one, at least less injury rubbing on LR

Currently de-freezing some frozen mysis shrimps... will try and see if the guy would eat again...

All the best bro,

keep us posted on your precious! :peace:

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

think it will be better to place it back on the skeleton..because it should fit perfectly rather than a piece of rock with not-so-ideal contours...

Dun tink it will "fall back" into the skeleton... will post a pic of the skeleton later... :)

post-34-1105890976.jpg

This is truly amazing.........how could it be eating without its skeleton.. :ooh:

I feel that robin's suggestion is a good one, at least less injury rubbing on LR

I'm stumped too!! and guess wat, went out for a few hours and now come home to a bigger cyanrina!!! :shock:

post-7-1105293365.jpg

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• SRC Member

The reddy does look healthy. and my guess is probably due to stress induced from strong current. ;)

Try placing it on a big piece of rock with a small hole for it to rest. The rock needs to be placed in a very low flow area. Then continue feeding small and mini-sized food. Dose lugol's, strontium at the recommended intervals.

Your CR working, right? Then calcium will be present so that should do and we will wait and see in a couple of weeks' time to observe any signs of new skeleton?

As for the old skeleton, is there still anymore flesh at the mouth? Watch if the flesh is diminishing or increasing. Diminish...throw it away. Increasing? Good luck to the first cynarina Papa in Singapore Reefing History... :lol::lol::lol:

PS...Not the darling I passed you, right? Or the one from LCK? :rolleyes:

The reddy does look healthy. and my guess is probably due to stress induced from strong current. ;)

Try placing it on a big piece of rock with a small hole for it to rest. The rock needs to be placed in a very low flow area. Then continue feeding small and mini-sized food. Dose lugol's, strontium at the recommended intervals.

Your CR working, right? Then calcium will be present so that should do and we will wait and see in a couple of weeks' time to observe any signs of new skeleton?

As for the old skeleton, is there still anymore flesh at the mouth? Watch if the flesh is diminishing or increasing. Diminish...throw it away. Increasing? Good luck to the first cynarina Papa in Singapore Reefing History... :lol::lol::lol:

PS...Not the darling I passed you, right? Or the one from LCK? :rolleyes:

Dat's what I thought... the water parameters are alright, if not the fella wun expand so big! <_<

Gonna do as you recommended and observe the fella and will feed it manually...

As for the calcium bone, there seems to be no more flesh on it, so dun tink is gonna be a papa anytime soon... Now dunno if I should throw it away...

No CR, doing manual dosing... :(

This one from LCK, not the giant darling from your tank! ;)

post-7-1105297009.jpg

post-34-1105890976.jpg

Another pic of the calcium skeleton...

Will be placing the guy on a piece of rock and see if it will attach itself, coz i tink it's pretty hard for it to attach back to the skeleton, due to the shape of the skeleton... :(

Another pic of tyhe skeleton :

post-7-1105299351.jpg

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• SRC Member
Another pic of the calcium skeleton...

Will be placing the guy on a piece of rock and see if it will attach itself, coz i tink it's pretty hard for it to attach back to the skeleton, due to the shape of the skeleton... :(

Another pic of tyhe skeleton :

How about using superglue gel to stick it back to the skeleton?